Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Do You Limit How Long Your Children Can Watch TV Each Day?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 1:07 AM
  • 19 Replies

Do you set limits on how long your children watch TV each day?  Do you limit the kinds of shows they can watch?

~FRUGALISTAS MOD~

by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by Janet on Aug. 15, 2011 at 1:22 AM
No limits and I rarely censor what he watches.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Aug. 15, 2011 at 8:59 AM

The amount no, not really, because they don't sti still long enough to watch most of the time, as for what, yes....

LifeCafe42
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 9:25 AM
For now he's not much into TV but as ling as he's getting outside to play and getting exercise probably not much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TerriC
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 9:57 AM

The reason I love Summer so much is the TV is rarely on.  They will watch a couple of their shows here and there.  I do have limits on what they are allowed to watch, no adult type cartoons, like Family Guy and things like that.

gacgbaker
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2011 at 5:28 AM

Yes!  I am not a tv fan at all- we don't have any channels on our tv (the basement where my in laws are does have dish).  On rare occasion they watch a movie, but that's a pretty big treat. 

Most people think I am pretty mean about the tv limits, but there is just so many other things to do outside or elsewhere that I just dont' see a need for it.  During the summers my in laws live with us (they go south for the winter)- and they will turn on the tv for the kids when they go down to visit with them.  I let Grammy indulge the kids in that, but my preference is to not watch it.

batjmom
by Sarah on Aug. 16, 2011 at 7:22 AM

yep I limit the amount of screen time... so TV, video games or computer is very limited in our house

GrandmaSherry
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 9:23 AM

I didn't think about it much when my kids were small.  They rarely watched TV and preferred to be outside with the neighborhood kids, whether it was summer or winter.  We have one son that loves movies...especially alien or zombie movies.  Once he got old enough to watch those, he watched more tv then. Our girls hardly ever watch tv, even now, and they are 20.

Vertical15
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Yes.  We got rid of cable!  So we allow one movie a day.

Jess1231
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 2:43 PM
Yes and they either watch PBS kids, Disney Junior or Nick Jr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rkoloms
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 5:57 AM

One hour on school days, two hours on non-school days. And this is "screen time" and includes computer time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)