Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

good snacks

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 10:18 AM
  • 18 Replies

I have a 9 year old boy. He has had stomach problems for awhile know. He does not like to eat fruit when we tell him to. My sister is a Dr. and told him to eat more fruit or drink this gross drink.

School started on Monday and I sent 2 piece of fruit which he did not eat. How do you get a picky 9 year old to eat more fruit? He is my one and only.

dena vogel

by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TerriC
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Will he drink a fruit smoothie maybe?

LifeCafe42
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 10:35 AM
Vfusion drinks?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batjmom
by Sarah on Aug. 16, 2011 at 10:42 AM

good idea. With a homemade smoothie you can get the good nutrient in him

Quoting TerriC:

Will he drink a fruit smoothie maybe?

Jess1231
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 4:44 PM
I would try smoothies or frozen fruit smoothie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by Member on Aug. 16, 2011 at 5:34 PM

We actually don't eat alot of fruits, but we eat veggies everyday. I do agree that fruit is important, but I am happy with my son if he eats the veggie. It does keep him regular. I had a major issue with my son having bathroom problems a couple years ago.

TonyaLea
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:03 AM

How about dried fruit like raisins, craisins, dried apples, etc?

When you say you sent two pieces of fruit, were they whole?  Would he eat something like sliced apples sprinkled with cinnamon?  Fruit salad drizzled in honey or yogurt? Have you tried lots of different types like grapes, blueberries, strawberries, pineapple?

rkoloms
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 6:10 AM

Will he drink a smoothie? What about fresh berries? Will he eat vegetables? Have you tried taking him to the store and pick out his favorites?

auroragold
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:03 AM

Smoothie has been mentioned - great idea

Dried fruits mentioned - but maybe in a trail mix

Freeze the fruit (and/or smoothie) into a popsicle

Also - there's this great cookbook....called Deceptively Delicious. (I borrowed it from my library) and it is FULL of recipes that sneak in fruit and veggies and no one knows except the cook.   Amazing desserts and foods with things you've never thought of.  Worth giving it a shot....

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0061251348/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=5867858237&ref=pd_sl_232xdb6rcl_b

bupkie
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:22 AM

There are also some ALL FRUIT gummy "fruit snacks" that are made from 100% fruit!   That actually taste GREAT!   

like these:

Buddy Fruits Pure Fruit Bites Orange

http://www.antioxidant-fruits.com/buddy-fruits-orange-pure-fruit-bites-fruit-snacks-product-review-by-antioxidant-fruits-com.html

There are other brands as well... many "organic" are made with just fruit... and actually taste better than many of the common brands with high fructose corn syrup.

natesmom1228
by Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:48 AM

I have also given my son prune juice. It's not the tastiest thing in the world, but it works wonders.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)