Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

When & how did you first introduce your child to brushing their teeth? **UPDATED WITH VIDEO**

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

They say it's never too early to introduce good habits to your children.  That also holds true for introducing your little one to taking care of their teeth. 

We gave 100 moms the chance to try Oral-B Stages toothbrushes, toothpaste and floss with their little children.  We asked the moms to introduce the Oral-B Stages products to their kids and share their thoughts and experiences.

Some of those moms also received a video camera to record trying out Oral-B Stages with their kids - check it out!

When & how did you first introduce your child to brushing their teeth?

boy n girl

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:05 AM
Replies (111-120):
Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2012 at 1:15 PM

As soon as the first tooth appeared. Then I just used a little gauze to clean the tooth. :)

Wish2Be
by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 3:16 PM

DS got his first tooth on his 1st birthday...so he was about 15 months before we did regular tooth brushing.

slw123
by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 3:27 PM

As soon as their first tooth erupted we used a finger brush during bath time.

mjimaging
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 8:42 AM
We started around a year as well. We brushed for him and let him finish when we were done. Now he starts and is foun pretty well and we finish up for him. He's two.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Jan. 28, 2012 at 4:51 AM

Around 4 - 6 months as soon as teeth start appearing

Pnukey
by Member on Jan. 28, 2012 at 9:55 PM

My kids were introduced to brushing their teeth as soon as they had teeth. My daughter took to it just fine, but my son hates it! I hope he grows out of this phase.

rdsaa77
by Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 8:12 AM
I started when my kids started teething. My daughter, 17, has a beautiful smile, and so do my two boys 11 and 7. And my 8 month old has 1 tooth and he looks foward to biting his toothbrush after his bath while getting dressed! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elijahsmama09
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:51 AM

With my son, he simply became curious after watching me do it everyday. He wanted to do it too. So I gave him a cheap brush to play with, let him brush his mouth with(he would do this all day, lol) and let his mouth get used to it. Now he brushes his teeth every night before bed:)

sweettigeress
by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I started brushing my baby's gums when they were both about 3m old.

FieldReedGlow
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:28 PM

As soon as my daughter got her first few teeth in I tried cleaning her teeth with the baby Oragel paste that's safe if swallowed. When she was two, I bought her the Crest toothpaste for ages two to six. I taught her to have a cup of water besider her to risnse every so often so she wouldn't swallow the paste. Now she brushes all on her own at three years old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)