Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

When & how did you first introduce your child to brushing their teeth? **UPDATED WITH VIDEO**

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

They say it's never too early to introduce good habits to your children.  That also holds true for introducing your little one to taking care of their teeth. 

We gave 100 moms the chance to try Oral-B Stages toothbrushes, toothpaste and floss with their little children.  We asked the moms to introduce the Oral-B Stages products to their kids and share their thoughts and experiences.

Some of those moms also received a video camera to record trying out Oral-B Stages with their kids - check it out!

When & how did you first introduce your child to brushing their teeth?

boy n girl

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:05 AM
Replies (131-140):
lillucky8
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 7:33 AM
We bought her a toothbrush at six mos when her first teeth came in and we started brushing them at bathtime.before bed, she loves it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gothealth
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I started brushing their teeth as soon as they got them.  I'm a dental hygienist, so fortunately, I knew what to do.  It totally freaks me out, and makes me sad, when the mom of a 3 year old asks when she should start brushing the child's teeth!

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Mar. 9, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I first started when they got their first teeth.  Brushing them and letting them help.  I still do this with my two year old.  My 5 year old does it herself with me checking and I also help when needed.  I floss for both of them still.

overwhelmed76
by New Member on Mar. 11, 2012 at 6:56 PM

My almost  2 years pld tod love brushing her teeth but she swallows the toothpaste I can't get her to spit it out .. is it dangerous?

sunshine86912
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 12:09 PM

ohhh this sounds exiciting!  jealous of those who got choosen :)

sunshine86912
by on Mar. 13, 2012 at 12:10 PM

a tinyt bit shouldnt hurt them..I had always heard less than the size of a pea...but try and get her to spit it out..but shouldnt hurt her

Quoting overwhelmed76:

My almost  2 years pld tod love brushing her teeth but she swallows the toothpaste I can't get her to spit it out .. is it dangerous?

DiamondD050783
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 9:39 PM
I tryed to do it myself but it did'nt work so one day when her father was brushing his teeth he told our daughter "come on chey you do it like this" and she's been brushing her teeth ever since. I just hope potty training is that easy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessy_pmll
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 12:57 PM
I've always brushed my three kids teeth since they were around five months old, so it comes natural for them to brush.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candygrlnatural
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 8:17 AM

my son was born with two front (bottom) teeth, so we started with the rubber finger brush within the first few days of birth. now we all do it as a family every morning- he is 3 now so he does it himself and my husband or i  will check it.

candygrlnatural
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 8:30 AM

i read a post about a mom being worried about toothpaste being swallowed. 

i use a natural toothpaste - ill find a link for you to check it out  its www.  anaturallife.myshaklee.

com/can/en/products.php?sku=31780

they also have organic baby products... wash, lotion, diaper rash cream, ect...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)