Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

When & how did you first introduce your child to brushing their teeth? **UPDATED WITH VIDEO**

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

They say it's never too early to introduce good habits to your children.  That also holds true for introducing your little one to taking care of their teeth. 

We gave 100 moms the chance to try Oral-B Stages toothbrushes, toothpaste and floss with their little children.  We asked the moms to introduce the Oral-B Stages products to their kids and share their thoughts and experiences.

Some of those moms also received a video camera to record trying out Oral-B Stages with their kids - check it out!

When & how did you first introduce your child to brushing their teeth?

boy n girl

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:05 AM
Replies (41-50):
abernathyvanna
by on Nov. 23, 2011 at 11:48 PM

I received my package last week.. But I wanted to let my girls use it before I posted here! :) 

I have 2 girls...

My youngest DD is named Maya and she is 3 years old.. :) She has never used the Oral B stages toothbrushes before. We have always gotten the cheaper brands.. and I have always had a problem with getting her wanting to brush.. :( But.. since we received the toothbrushes, tooth paste and floss in the mail.. She looks forward to brushing and flossing.. I think because she loves Disney Princesses and Pooh! She loves her new items that she has received! :) 

My oldest DD is named Karina and she is 5 years old! She has always liked to brush her teeth! Although, was very excited when she got her own Disney Princesses toothbrush! I went and bought her the floss and the toothpaste to match so she would have the same set as my youngest DD! :) 

The other toothbrush I gave to my niece... :) she loves it! :) 

When I am teaching my kids to brush I make sure that they know directions and times! I have a little sand timer that I use and they are to brush for the entire time that the sand is running through! :) It has worked great for all 3 of my kids! :) 

I will DEFINITELY be buying Oral B Stages for my kids in the future.. Including the little one in my stomach right now! :) They make brushing fun for the kids and make this Mommy proud of the excellent jobs that they are doing! :) 

kelly24019
by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 7:46 PM
Thank you cafemom for giving us the chance to try the products! My son loves brushing his teeth! He says he's brushings his big trex teeth lol. He will be turning three soon.

The oral b stage products were wonderful. (I will post the videos later!) the toothbrush's are sturdy with rubber grins and Erik loves the characters on them. We couldn't use the tooth paste though because he is not spitting yet do we will save it for later. I will introduce him to the flosses for the first time on video so everyone can see how he reacts lol.

Thanks again cafemom!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsDean
by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Hi there =) My name is Geraldine and I am mom to three little ones. Fifer age 4 yrs, Ammon age 2 yrs and Riley age 7 yrs. I am so thrilled we gfot to try out the Oral B Stages products! My oldest is at his dad's this week so I will make a later reply about his experience.

My kids are pretty great about brushing, not so much with flossing. So when I opened up the package and saw there were Toy Story flosses I was stoked!

Both my little ones actually flossed right away, without complaints! We have had the little flossers before but had not tried a character one. It really did the trick!

After flossing we opened up the Toy Story Oral B Stages toothpaste and they got super excited! They usually enjoy brushing and this product continued that enjoyment.

We use Oral B kids toothbrushes already. So this just reaffirms that habit.

My best tip for getting kids to brush. Get prodcuts that make oral hygeine fun, like a favorite character on a toothbrush.

Mare1180
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:51 PM
I love this influencer program since its about dental health :) I always used the finger tip brushes for my babies and was really excited to see there was an oral b brush for babies 4 months + I never knew and I've spread the word as well. Also my older son love to brush his teeth, but he wants a new tooth brush often so it is nice to see him enjoying brushing his teeth. My boys are 5 yrs and 9 mths. We love the flossers as well. My older son can do it on his own and feels very adult. We're very happy with the oral b toothbrushes and the way they help make it fun for my boys. Thank you again, we love brushing everyday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Nov. 27, 2011 at 4:22 PM
As soon as they have teeth we start our am and pm brushing rituals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
keeckhardt
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 11:15 PM

We use Oral-B stages toothbrush and toothpaste regularly for my 4 year old DS. I love the packaging that includes his favorite characters. I introduced him to the flossers and he loves them. Previously he had just regular flossers and they were okay, but the Oral-B flossers are cool. Anything that encourages healthy dental hygiene is worth the extra money.

tamidawn
by New Member on Nov. 28, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Hi!  Thanks for choosing us to try these OralB products!  Our package was waiting at my doorstep today when we got back from our trip.  Both of my kids were so excited to see it was for them!  I have a 17 month old daughter and 4 year old son!   I am excited to share my review after both kids get to try them out.  :)  Thanks again!  I will be back later with an update. 

kgmmw
by Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 8:06 AM
Thank you Cafemom and Oral B for letting us try these products out :) when my kids were babies, I would wipe their gums off with a wipe. Once the first tooth came in I started brushing their teeth and also took them to the dentist.

In my package I recieved 2 winnie the pooh toothbrushes and 1 toy story toothbrush, and also some toy story toothpaste. The package also came with some kids flossers.

We have actually boughten Stage B oral toothbrushes and toothpaste before. I love their products.

I usually assit my kids in brushing and with flossing.

I try and stress the importance of brushing and flossing at a young age so that when they get older they will have healthy teeth. And so far the kids are still in the No Cavity Club at their dentist office.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgmmw
by Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Pic

My 3 yr old
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgmmw
by Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Pic

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)