Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

When & how did you first introduce your child to brushing their teeth? **UPDATED WITH VIDEO**

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

They say it's never too early to introduce good habits to your children.  That also holds true for introducing your little one to taking care of their teeth. 

We gave 100 moms the chance to try Oral-B Stages toothbrushes, toothpaste and floss with their little children.  We asked the moms to introduce the Oral-B Stages products to their kids and share their thoughts and experiences.

Some of those moms also received a video camera to record trying out Oral-B Stages with their kids - check it out!

When & how did you first introduce your child to brushing their teeth?

boy n girl

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:05 AM
Replies (51-60):
kgmmw
by Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Pic

And of course I helped him :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof32006
by Serena on Nov. 30, 2011 at 9:28 AM

I started with gum care when they were still bottle/breast fed, I had a family member whose teeth came in rotten from having thrush so many times and it worried me.  I started out using water on a soft cloth to wipe their gums down, I think they were so used to me wiping their mouth down as babies that by time they were old enough to be introduced to a tooth brush they just went with it!

lajoy
by Holly on Nov. 30, 2011 at 11:59 AM

As soon as those first little teeth popped up! Of course, maybe like age 2 to let them handle the toothbrush.

lajoy
by Holly on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:00 PM

That's a cute little guy!

Quoting kgmmw:

Pic

.JuneDiva629.
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:19 PM

----My daughter Hayley is 6 years old. And I have always teach her how to brush her teeth. She loves brushing her teeth morning, noon and night. 

No, I did not know that they had a line of oral healthcare products like this for young children, but I am glad to know they do.

I always buy Oral-B Stages for my kids.:)

One method I use to teach my kids to brush their teeth is..I have a little timer. And when it runs out...they are done brushing. And to always brush your teeth before you go to bed.

- How great was your little one at brushing (and flossing, if applicable) before receiving this package?

- What do you hope to get out of this experience?

kgmmw
by Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:24 PM
Thank you :)

Quoting lajoy:

That's a cute little guy!

Quoting kgmmw:

Pic

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Thank you soo much for letting being a part of this.. My dd really likes the toothbrushes and wants to use the tounge brush all the time.. The toothpaste is also a huge success in the family.. thank you

lajoy
by Holly on Dec. 1, 2011 at 12:13 AM

I really never pay attention to the brand of toothbrush I buy. The kids usually try to get one with some cartoon character or bright colors.

momma-flynn
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 2:25 PM

My dd just turned 7 & was so excited to get her new toothbrush. I started out with the whole washrag on the gums when she was an infant, but she cut her first tooth at 3 months. She loved the bubblegum toothpaste & had never flossed before. The little flosser things should be a great help to her. Thanks! 

iam4you2
by Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:50 PM

I started my kids off with a tooth brush.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN