Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

When & how did you first introduce your child to brushing their teeth? **UPDATED WITH VIDEO**

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

They say it's never too early to introduce good habits to your children.  That also holds true for introducing your little one to taking care of their teeth. 

We gave 100 moms the chance to try Oral-B Stages toothbrushes, toothpaste and floss with their little children.  We asked the moms to introduce the Oral-B Stages products to their kids and share their thoughts and experiences.

Some of those moms also received a video camera to record trying out Oral-B Stages with their kids - check it out!

When & how did you first introduce your child to brushing their teeth?

boy n girl

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:05 AM
Replies (61-70):
tamidawn
by New Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I am ready to post my review!!!  =)  

First off, I hve a 4 year old son named Dominic and a 17 month old named Kara, so I was excited to get something to try with both children.  :)

This was a wonderful experience and just a little something to keep my kids excited about taking care of their teeth.

I have tried many different toothbrushes for my 4 year old, but he has never had a Toy Story toothbrush before, so that was exciting for him.  My 17 month old was very slow with getting teeth so she has only been brushing for a short time.  She got a Winnie the Pooh toothbrush, and was so excited to chew on it!  =)

I started off young making sure that dental hygeine was important.  Both kids see the dentist every six month.  My four year old is so cute because he has gotten to the point that if we forget to brush his teeth he reminds me.

My best advice for getting your children in a good routine for brushing and flossing is to set a good example for them to follow.  Also, explain to them frequently the benefits of taking care of their theeth as well as the consequences of not doing that.

It was perfect timimg getting chosen for this influencer, because my four year old has only just begun to floss his teeth.  New flossers made him so excited to get to practice some more.  :)  I tried out the flossers on my 17 month old too!  They make flossing a breeze!!

Its always nice to get reminders and this influencers is another reminder of how important it is to take care of our teeth.  

Dominic loved his new supplies so much that he put everything back in the box when we were done, lol!  He really liked the flavor of the toothpaste.  We got bubble gum.  I don't use any toothpaste on my 17 month old yet.

I made this a fun and memerable time, by taking lots of pictures to share with you all.  :)  Im so glad my kids got to participate in an influencer.  Thank you again CafeMom and OralB!  We will be using OralB in the future!  Everything was great!!

Kara excited to open her toothbrush.

Brushing her teeth.

Dominic with everything he got. :)

Flossing his teeth.

Getting ready to brush.

Brushing so good!

All done!  :)

RubyRail
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 3:48 AM

punching

momkaribg
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Thanks so much for this opportunity. I was able to get a toothbrush for my 2yr old and 7yr old. My oldest loved the flossers. They was very excited with the characters that was on the brush.  We started brushing when the 1st teeth appeared.

liz.1986
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Thank you for my Oral-B package, CafeMom! My boys loved their new stuff! AND we had just made a visit to the dentist the week before so they have a whole bunch of new toothbrushes and toothpaste which make morning and night brushes even more fun for them! 

My boys are 4 and 6. I did not know Oral-B had their stages for children and we had never used Oral-B before. My 6 yr old brushes his teeth by himself first and I finish to make sure there's no missed spots. My 4 yr old is still dependent on me to brush his teeth. Dentist's orders anyway. His teeth are really tight together so he gets cavities easily no matter how much we brush and floss. Both boys floss every night and rinse before bed. We try to brush teeth every morning but sometimes we're rushed and forget, but we always make sure to brush at night. Letting them pick out their own toothbrushes and toothpaste has always helped us in the brushing department. My 6 yr old is pretty good at flossing his own teeth but ds2 still needs my help. 

When we received our package I let them open it and told them who's was who's. They were very excited! They liked the taste of the toothpaste which is always my biggest worry. I tried it too and I like it. :) My boys and I really like Oral-B and I see them choosing it in the future.

Celia21
by New Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 10:02 PM

I started at his first tooth. He loves it when we brush teeth. I try to make hI'm laugh when I'm doing it. I sing a song and make a game out of it so he enjoys it. Dressing this kid let me tell you is completely opposite. he likes to be naked free ha halaughing

jenniferw10
by Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 10:47 PM
Colby is really enjoying the new feel of the toothbrush from Oral B. I run it under cold water and brush his gums and then I allow him to take it and hold it in his mouth. This is helping teach him healthy brushing habits early.
My goddaughter loves brushing her teeth with the new princess designs.
Thank you Oral B!

Quoting jenniferw10:

My son is 5 months old and we started using a gum brush that my dentist gave me. We used it several times a week to help him with teething as well as him getting use to something in his mouth.

I received the Oral B Winnie the Pooh toothbrush for Stage 1 (4-24)months. I started to use it on his gum and he loves it! The bristles on the brush are very soft and the toothbrush is an excellent size. He loves trying t grab things and it fits perfectly in his hands.

I will come back and tell more once we have used it with him a few more times.

I gave the Princess toothpaste and gum flossers to my goddaughter and she loves them as well. She thought the characters were great and she was excited to brush her teeth at night according to my friend.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Both of my kids had their teeth brushed around 6 months of age. We bought the little infant tooth brushes with the infant toothpaste offered by Oral-B. :)

JCTVCBN
by New Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Thank you Cafemom for choosing us to be part of the Influencer Program for Oral-B Stages.

My name is Marina. I have 2 boys who are 5 and 12 years old.  When I first got my package, my 5 year old was really excited. The package included: 2 Winnie the pooh toothbrushes, one Toy Story toothbrush, one Toy Story toothpaste, and one bag of Buzz Light-year floss .

I opened the box and my youngest quickly opened the floss bag.  I don't think he knew what they were for because I've never bought floss for young children before.  I have flossed his teeth only a couple of times with adult floss.  I did know there were Oral-B products for young children, but I've only bought Oral-B toothbrushes. 

My son has been using the Toy Story toothbrush and Buzz Lightyear floss.  We were unable to use the Toy story toothpaste because it contains fluoride.  My son has been brushing his teeth at least twice a day.  He is really good about that.  He wasn't very good at flossing.  I've been flossing for him for weeks now, but I have also been teaching him how to do it. 

I did try the floss myself.  It is easy to hold and works great.

My son loved these products.  He is brushing his teeth right now without being told.    : )

I will DEFINITELY be buying more Oral-B toothbrushes and floss for my kids in the future, and he will continue to floss everyday which he was not doing before receiving this package.

Thank you Cafemom and Oral-B.  

jen113000
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:48 AM
My name is Jenna and I have two boys! Ryan is 5 and Kyle is 2. I'm very thankful for the chance to try oral B products with my boys. We try to instill good brushing habits with them. Ryan always gives us a hard time. But was very excited for the toy story tooth brush and paste! The brushes are perfect for little mouths! Kyle my two year old just loved it! It definitely got easier for Ryan to brush his teeth!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stormy6669
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 7:59 PM

I started brushing my boys teeth when they first started growing. Around 9 months. I now have a 12 year old, 4, and 16 month old DS.
My four year old loves to brush his teeth. He would brush his teeth all day long if I would let him. He was very excited to get a new toothbrush and toothpaste. Having Buzz Lightyear on his toothbrush made it that much better! He loves the tongue scraper on the toothbrush. This is his first experience with that.
My one year old is still getting used to the toothbrush. He tries to fight me the whole way. But I do end up winning in the end. Go mom! :)
My 12 year old was not included in this project but we went out and bought him a new OralB toothbrush so he could. His also has the tongue scraper and he wonders what he ever done before without one.
We brush our teeth twice a day. Morning and night. Sometimes more. Especially now since the boys are excited for their "gifts" from Cafemom. Thank you cafemom and OralB for giving us the chance to use your product. My oldest has already made it a fact that we will be buying OralB toothbrushes for now on. No more store brand...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN