Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Anyone else a little tired of the "Elmo's World" theme song? Maybe a bit tired of the usual lullabies and if you hear "Itsy Bitsy Spider" or "The Wheels on the Bus" one more time, you may scream? I am right there with you. Now, as I have mentioned, I play all sorts of music for Kiddo, and truly believe that music for children doesn't have to be confined to just those bands that are aimed at kids (my kiddo loves Vampire Weekend and Black Eyed Peas), but I have set out on a search for music made specifically for kids that doesn't make me cringe..and I found some awesome choices!

Jack Johnson - Need a cool vibe to underscore an afternoon of painting pictures or building with Legos? Check out Jack Johnson. His soundtrack for the Curious George movie is quite kid-centric, but any of his non-children albums are great for kids.

Tim and the Space Cadets - Um, confession time: I have all of Time and the Space Cadets songs on my iPod. Yup, just for Mama to work out to, that is how good they are. Lead singer Tim Kubart and the band create songs for kids that are a bit alt-pop, a bit indie rock, a lot great. I hear they are coming out with some new tracks soon, but until then, grab all of them on iTunes and their website. My fave: When I Grow Up.

Hot Peas N Butter - You've seen them maybe on "Jack's Big Music Show" and other Nick Jr. videos, these cool dudes infuse a groovy beat with number fun, animal fun, multicultural fun...see a theme? Their songs are fun for everyone.  

What bands do your kids love listening to?

by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-43):
mommythree0508
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Quoting Madelaine:

Disney channel

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
by Kathleen on Jan. 17, 2012 at 9:26 AM

My son is so over nursery rhymes -- his favorite is Zac Brown Band. (4 years old)

I love Jack Johnson -- he does too.  such upbeat fun music. 

aneela
by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 5:00 PM

my son is 5...he likes kids music right now...but sometimes i play him a depeche mode or radiohead song...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN