Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Would you call or ride it out?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 10:55 PM
  • 15 Replies

DD woke up sick yesterday morning. She wasn't able to keep anything (not even water) down for about 24 hours. This morning she ate a piece of toast and drank some water. Around 3pm today she ate 2 chicken nuggets and 2-3 cheetos. At 6:30 or so she got sick again and now she is sleeping. 

Our family doctor is only open from 9 - 12 tomorrow. Would you call when they open to see if she needs to come in or would you wait and take the chance of having to go to urgent care or ER over the weekend? 

by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoehlerBear1983
by Meghan on Mar. 2, 2012 at 5:28 AM
I would wait. There is nothing they can do anyways. Don't let her eat chicken nuggets and cheetos. If she keeps toast down then try soup. But on all actuality as long as she drinks 1oz of liquid every hour she wont get dehydrated. She does not have to eat if she doesn't want to. All the doctor is gonna tell you is that she has a stomach bug and to keep her hydrated
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rkoloms
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 5:31 AM

It sounds like she is improving; I would stick withsips of water / chamomile tea, and the BRAT diet, rather than risk picking up a secondary infection at a germy doctor's office

Nuggest and cheetos should be an occasional treat, not kept at home, and certainly not fed to a sick child.

gacgbaker
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 8:35 AM

I'd probably wait, unless she is showing signs of dehydration- that's going to be your biggest concern- keep her hydrated and she should be ok!

nngmommy83
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I agree with the others and wait. Just make sure she's getting enough fluids and stick to a bland diet

sarah824
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Quoting rkoloms:

It sounds like she is improving; I would stick withsips of water / chamomile tea, and the BRAT diet, rather than risk picking up a secondary infection at a germy doctor's office

Nuggest and cheetos should be an occasional treat, not kept at home, and certainly not fed to a sick child.

I was not looking to be *beat up* about what I feed my kids, but thanks for your opinion. They are kept at home and I will continue to do so.  

i.heart.myboys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM
I think she was simply trying to get her daughter to eat anything! I would do the same thing to be honest with you. If my son wasn't eating anything I'd offer everything and anything to him.

Quoting rkoloms:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarah824
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Thank you!  

Quoting i.heart.myboys:

I think she was simply trying to get her daughter to eat anything! I would do the same thing to be honest with you. If my son wasn't eating anything I'd offer everything and anything to him.

Quoting rkoloms:

sweetmissy_05
by Member on Mar. 2, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I'd wait.

DNewman
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I see no harm in calling. 

bethany169
by Bethany on Mar. 2, 2012 at 9:47 PM
How's she doing? Any better?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)