Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

I'm a bad example

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:39 AM
  • 4 Replies

I realized that I'm a pretty bad example for my kids.

I sit and watch them play soccer or lacrosse.

I offer them strawberries while I drink Diet Coke.

Are you a good example for your kids?  I am going to make some changes around here so it's less "do what I say" and more "do as I do".  :)

jugglingJoin me in The Lounge for more conversation!
               Or come chat on The Park Bench!

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
PoehlerBear1983
by Meghan on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:09 PM
I am too. I will get out and throw a baseball or football with them . But i definetly make them eat healthier food choices than me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I am a horrible example, to be honest. I bring them water or Gatorade to practice while I sit there with my 32 oz fountain drink and bag of sunflower seeds. I tell them they need more outside time while I'm on the computer or inside all day. For supper I make them drink water or milk while I have a Pepsi on ice. 

I know I need to change these things and I'm working on it. The least I can do for them is teach them healthier than what I was taught so they don't end up like me. I'd love to get out there and coach or run with them, but at over 350 lbs, it's just not going to happen any time soon. On the plus side I finally got my doctor to give me some fluid pills. Hopefully that helps the hand and leg pain I've been dealing with. 

Schleetle
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:04 PM
I lead by example, but everyone has to start somewhere. I eat a healthy vegan diet, and exercise 6 days a week. No soda, or typical fast food. I grew up drinking soda, and fast food then decided to change after I had children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:03 PM
I think I lead by example too. We eat the same things and I also exercise and stay active.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)