Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Maybe yall can help...

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:31 PM
  • 8 Replies

When I was a kid, every time my grandpa would come to pick up me and my brother, he would insist on stopping at a little farmers market in town. They sold something called horse mint honey. He loves it. He would go on and on about how good it is. Well they stopped selling it. He was so sad. Its been years now.

I havent spoken to my grandpa in almost 5 years because of his wife. All growing up she was a great grandmother even tho she isnt biological she did everything grandmas are supposed to do. Anyhow after I got married to my husband my grandma went nutty (stopped taking her meds or something IDK) she called Kaidan a half breed and my husband a wet back. The day my husband left for boot camp is when she desided to call and tell me this shit. I told her to never speak to me again. After that I desided to be the bigger person and personally invited them to Kaidans 1st bday party. She said she "refused to be in the presence of wet backs and spics and half breeds like the family i married into" I havnt spoken to her since. I will never speak to her again. I will not subject my babies to someone like her. I refuse.

All threw this my grandpa never said a word. He only knows what she tells him and judgeing by what she told my father (that i was being disrespectful to her and extremely rude and need to appologize (ill be damned)) grandpa doesnt really know what happened.

So I am on the hunt for horsemint honey. As kind of a "i still love and miss you even if you wife is a psychotic asshole who needs to be kicked in the face" gift. I have googled but i am google challenged. I was hoping yall could help me track some down, so I can send it to him... Any ideas? Have you even heard of it, do you know how i can get some?

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
soccerchik8287
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Aw that is so sad! I have no idea what it is though sorry!

sunshine86912
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I have no idea, but good luck!  and I am with you on not talking to her ever again!

bethany169
by Bethany on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM

You have got some crazy family drama on both sides, mama :)  I hope you can find it, I've never heard of it, but here is what I found on Google LOL:

http://www.beesource.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-230710.html

kaidansmylife
by Stacie on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:36 AM
I know. Its sad! Thank you!

Quoting bethany169:

You have got some crazy family drama on both sides, mama :)  I hope you can find it, I've never heard of it, but here is what I found on Google LOL:

http://www.beesource.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-230710.html

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoehlerBear1983
by Meghan on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:47 AM
I have never heard of it but i hope you find it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:21 PM
=( hope you find it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
websorceress
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:05 AM

seems to be a texas thing, here is a place http://www.honeylocator.com/locator/profiles/display/fowler-honey-farm/

sorry about your step grandma but what's wrong with grandpa, he can't speak up??...........

batjmom
by Sarah on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Aww. Sorry to hear that.

I hope that you are able to find some.  I think thats a great idea what a wonderful surprise he would have to get that honey again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN