Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Do your kids make their own lunches?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:24 PM
  • 13 Replies

What do they put in it? Are they healthy? Or is it all snacks? =)

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarah824
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:37 PM

DS is only in first grade so I still make his lunch. He gets a sandwich, capri sun, chips and a granola bar.

soccerchik8287
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Nope, I make it. My daughter is 4 and in pre-k. She eats a lot of fruit and raw veggies
countrymomma81
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:06 PM

He helps. I make the sandwich and he picks the extras. He knows he can have a fruit( banana, apple, fruit cup, orange cup, grapes, strawberries, etc), a dairy (yogurt, cheese sticks), a "bag snack" (teddy grahams, cheez its, trail mix...anything in a bag, basically).

To drink he has a bottled water and a Capri Sun V. He likes to eat healthy so I don't have many problems. The problem will be with my daughter this year in Kindergarten. I know school lunch isn't the healthiest, but it's probably going to be better than what I can get her to pack in her lunchbox.  

808tiare
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Yeah my step children make their own breakfast, lunch and dinner. At this point it's all snacks. Luckily they add vegetable snacks sometimes. Other than that. When we have them over. We feed them real meals and they eat like starved kids. Our kids that live with us. Make some meals sometimes, it's usually the easy stuff like sandwiches. That's only if they don't want to eat what everyone else is eating. That doesn't happen all the time.
PoehlerBear1983
by Meghan on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:20 PM
No ds1 eats school lunch and ds2 eats at home
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:18 AM
DD usually eats at school but when she does make her own lunch she follows my guide which is to include a main dish, a veggie, a fruit, and then she can pick a fun thing : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:48 AM

They eat lunch at school.

NicholasMama608
by Sarah on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:25 PM

DS is only 3 1/2 so he doesn't make his own lunch yet.  I do let him pick what he wants out of 2 choices.

Reina13
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I still make lunch for my 1st grader, but he tells me what he wants..lol

amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:38 PM

They usually do... sandwich of some sort, fruit, something crunchy (chips or baby carrots) or yogurt and a drink.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN