Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Make up

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:04 PM
  • 17 Replies
How old were your daughters (or how old do you think they'll need to be) before you let them wear make up to school (not just lip gloss, like eye shadow and eye liner too)?
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soccerchik8287
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:05 PM
I'm thinking I'll have my daughter wait until shes 13 or so but I really dont know. I hope she has high enough self esteem that she'll feel beautiful without it :)
sarah824
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:18 PM

This is going to be a fight with DD. She is almost 5 and already loves the idea of makeup. She has worn a little eye makeup and blush for dance recitals. My feeling would be 13 or so, but she is going to start pushing for it WAY sooner. 

PoehlerBear1983
by Meghan on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:24 PM
I have boys so with luck this will be a non issue
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Not sure. My daughter is 5 and if she sees me put my makeup on, I'll swipe her a tiny bit of eyes shadow and lipstick. She also uses my powder brush but I try to make sure all the excess powder is off. 

This isn't daily or anything, maybe once a month. And nothing heavy, because I don't wear heavy makeup. I sweat too much for that. 

nngmommy83
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:21 AM
I'm thinking 13 also. She's 11 and is allowed to experiment with it but can't leave the house with it on yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM

They'll need to be 13, like I was, and when they start, they'll have to keep it light and natural.

NicholasMama608
by Sarah on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Right now I just have a son so it's not an issue.  However I feel strongly that makeup should not be worn by any woman.  Why would you want to cover up the natural beauty that God blessed you with?  I refuse to allow makeup in my home unless my child is over 18yrs old.

Reina13
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I dont have a daughter, but I was only allowed lip gloss and shimmer powder at 13. I had to wait for full on makeup until I was 15.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:39 PM

My daughter is 14 and started wearing it at 13.

AmyG1976
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:39 PM

18 if she buys it herself maybe 17

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"   MLK
~A wife of 14 years to B mommy of 16 years to J, 11 year old D, 9 year old M, and our miracle baby born at 26 weeks J 7 years.           http://www.freewebs.com/sacredjourneys/index.htm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN