Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Bike riding

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:57 PM
  • 9 Replies

Do your kids ride a bike? At what age did they start?

Do they still have training wheels on? If not, when did they come off?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
PoehlerBear1983
by Meghan on May. 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM
My kids both ride.

Ds1 was 5 when he learned to ride without training wheels

Ds2 was 3 when he learned without training wheels
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VisionSeeker
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:24 PM
I can't remember when my tween started. My twins started riding their bikes when they turned two. They're four now and still have training wheels.

Does everyone's kids wear helmets?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Not often. There is no place around here besides the road and it's too busy to let them ride. 

My son can ride but my daughter has trouble pushing pedals. 

soccerchik8287
by on May. 5, 2012 at 8:53 PM

My daughter loves her bike. She got her first bike a month before her 2nd birthday. She's 4 now and still riding it. We are working on getting rid of the training wheels. I have a cousin who is 3months older than my daughter and he has been riding for about 6months without them. We've been lifting up the training wheels a little bit every week so that she is having to balance more. If we had a field or some place grassy around I'd take her out and we'd practice riding until she got it, but we don't have any place like that nearby. I don't like the idea of teaching her on concrete because it hurts so bad to fall on concrete

sarah824
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM

DS got his first bike for his 2nd birthday. He rode it constantly. We took teh training wheels off a few months before he turned 4. He is now 7-1/2 and his bike is attached to him at all times.

DD started riding DS's little bike when she was about 3. She got her own bike right before she turned 4. She will be 5 in June and still has the training wheels on. She has no interest in taking them off.

bethany169
by Bethany on May. 5, 2012 at 11:49 PM
My SIL bought my nephew a bike for Christmas this year while they were here visiting but it wasn't worth it to ship it back to Cali so they left it with Cab. He's almost 4 and rides it a little bit but doesn't quite have the hang of the pedals yet. It's still got training wheels on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
timon95
by Betty on May. 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM

yes, they both enjoy riding their bikes. they do have helmets. and right now both have training wheels. we are working in getting the training wheels off of ds's bike. I am disabled and cannot run beside their bikes and cath them or anything, so it has taken a bit long

NicholasMama608
by Sarah on May. 7, 2012 at 9:50 PM

DS is getting a bike with training wheels for his birthday this year.  :)

slideLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

weddingDaisypath Wedding tickers

nngmommy83
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM
DS doesn't yet but he's learning. He's got a tricycle, he's 3. DD has a bike and was riding without training wheels at age 5
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN