Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Do you have health insurance for your kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you don't, how do you afford doctor/dentist visits?

by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:32 AM
Replies (11-20):
bethany169
by Bethany on May. 9, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Yes. It costs me $1100 a month but I refuse to have any of us be uninsured.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoehlerBear1983
by Meghan on May. 9, 2012 at 7:41 PM
We have husky medicaid
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Quoting bethany169:

Wow. Ours is less than $300.00 a month for full coverage for a family of 4. I know we are lucky. That's even including our life insurance and all that other extra stuff plus my husband's Aflac. I'm not even sure what we pay for medical alone. 

timon95
by Betty on May. 10, 2012 at 12:21 AM

yes, we do. they have health, dental, eye and even life insurance.

nngmommy83
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:16 AM

both my kids have health insurance thankfully

abra
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:15 PM
:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethany169
by Bethany on May. 10, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Dang. Aflac is another $60 a month and life ins for DH and I is almost $90, although he was still smoking when we got that and once he's been smoke free for 6 months, we can get it adjusted. I think part of the problem is the law firm I worked for was tiny and the other 4 employees and their spouses all had crazy health issues. I'm about to look into buying my own 'cause our premiums are just ri-donk-ulous.

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting bethany169:

Wow. Ours is less than $300.00 a month for full coverage for a family of 4. I know we are lucky. That's even including our life insurance and all that other extra stuff plus my husband's Aflac. I'm not even sure what we pay for medical alone. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soccerchik8287
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Yes. I would never be without it. I am diabetic (have been since I was 10) and without insurance I could not even almost afford all that I need to stay healthy

countrymomma81
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Goodness. He informed me that his company pays for Aflac...lol. We don't even pay for it. 

Yeah, he works at Weatherford. It's a huge oil company and they have tons of employees so we get off like that. Plus we are umbrella'd under Blue Cross Blue Sheild of Texas even though we are in Louisiana and that lowers our costs a lot. 

Quoting bethany169:

Dang. Aflac is another $60 a month and life ins for DH and I is almost $90, although he was still smoking when we got that and once he's been smoke free for 6 months, we can get it adjusted. I think part of the problem is the law firm I worked for was tiny and the other 4 employees and their spouses all had crazy health issues. I'm about to look into buying my own 'cause our premiums are just ri-donk-ulous.

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting bethany169:

NicholasMama608
by Sarah on May. 12, 2012 at 6:56 PM

DS has state health insurance.  He has yet to see a Dentist

slideLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

weddingDaisypath Wedding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)