Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

How difficult is it for you to get healthy food on the table for your family?

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:35 AM
  • 14 Replies

If you do it, how? And if you don't, why not?

by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NicholasMama608
by Sarah on May. 12, 2012 at 7:07 PM

It's sometimes hard to find healthy foods DS will eat.  He's got oral sensory issues and lots of food allergies.

countrymomma81
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Nothing I cook is healthy. My mom didn't cook healthy at all, she cooked cheap. I was pretty much the same way for a while. I'm getting better, but for the most part it's difficult. 

Just having to learn what everyone eats, and the fact that my husband sometimes acts like a kid when healthy food is put in front of him. 

soccerchik8287
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:08 PM

It's not that hard here. My parents always cooked failry healthy meals for my siblings and I as a kid. I basically feed my daughter the same things I always ate. All of the different types of bagged veggies you can purchase nowadays flavored to throw in the microwave helps a lot too

nngmommy83
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I try to cook as healthy as possible. for the most part I think we et very balanced meals =)

timon95
by Betty on May. 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I try to cook healthy, not always easy sometimes. Sometimes it's just easier and quicker to serve cereal for dinner.

Harris06
by Megan on May. 13, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Not hard at all. majority of what I make is "healthy" so it is just second nature.
bethany169
by Bethany on May. 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Some days it's easier than others. Working 40-50 hours a week outside the home and then commuting another 10-12 makes it tough. I used to be good about meal planning and cooking and freezing meals, or planning slow cooker meals, but after DD was born, I fell off the wagon and we started eating out a lot more. I'm hoping when I find a new job, it will be closer to home so I'll have more time and we'll get back in a good routine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethany169
by Bethany on May. 14, 2012 at 11:16 PM
My husband is the same way, it's been an uphill battle to get him to eat healthier because he was raised on frozen pizza and hamburger helper, and hates cooked vegetables. I've had to just figure out what he will eat and then make as much of it from scratch and as healthy as possible.

Quoting countrymomma81:

Nothing I cook is healthy. My mom didn't cook healthy at all, she cooked cheap. I was pretty much the same way for a while. I'm getting better, but for the most part it's difficult. 

Just having to learn what everyone eats, and the fact that my husband sometimes acts like a kid when healthy food is put in front of him. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:16 AM
I'm sorry. That makes it especially difficult when you don't have support from your hubby.

Quoting countrymomma81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:16 AM
Wow! That would make it difficult.

Quoting bethany169:

Some days it's easier than others. Working 40-50 hours a week outside the home and then commuting another 10-12 makes it tough. I used to be good about meal planning and cooking and freezing meals, or planning slow cooker meals, but after DD was born, I fell off the wagon and we started eating out a lot more. I'm hoping when I find a new job, it will be closer to home so I'll have more time and we'll get back in a good routine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)