Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

What are your favorite foods that quench your thirst as well as satisfy your hunger?

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:22 AM
  • 8 Replies

5 Foods That Quench Your Thirst Are a Godsend for Busy Moms

Posted by Kiri Blakeley on May 9, 2012 

Summer is just around the corner (Please?? Hurry!!) and you know what that means. Yep. Lots of sweat. Lots of running around, carrying the groceries in one arm, the kid in the other, with the dog tied around your ankle. It's important to keep yourself hydrated during the soaring temps.

Here's are 5 quick, easy, and quenchable recipes from FitSugar and others that will have your skin glowing, your insides sloshing, and your energy level raging like a white-capped river.

Mexican Fig & Radish Dish. Figs are yummy, healthy, and hydrating. But who knows what kind of dish to put them in? Now you do.

Cucumber and Baked Tofu. I'm a huge tofu fan. And cucumbers are extremely hydrating. The bonus here is that you can use the leftover cucumber skins to put on your puffy eyelids.

Melon Mocktail. Melon is super quenching, and this smooth concoction also contains apple, cantaloupe, and celery. It's a mocktail, which means there's no booze, so feel free to serve it up to the kiddies. And if you want one for yourself after their bedtime, I have one word for you: Vodka.

Watermelon Salad. I personally think there is no more hydrating food on the planet than watermelon. It's got "water" in the name, after all! Add in feta and mint, and I'm off to make this ASAP!

Watermelon & Tomato Salad. Watermelon is so thirst-quenching, I had to add it twice, this time with that absolute staple of summer: tomatoes.

After you make a few of these hydrating recipes, take a swim. You'll never be thirsty again!

What are your favorite foods that quench your thirst as well as satisfy your hunger?

by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
VisionSeeker
by on May. 11, 2012 at 5:16 AM

Watermelon.  I could eat a whole one all by myself.

PoehlerBear1983
by Meghan on May. 11, 2012 at 8:15 AM
I love watermelon and i love feta cheese but i wouldnt want them together lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by on May. 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM

watermelon!!! we love it around here. also cucumbers are big snacks in the summer

lillucky8
by on May. 11, 2012 at 7:15 PM
I love watermelon, i cant wait for it to be in season
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soccerchik8287
by on May. 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM

watermelon is our favorite!

Fields456
by Member on May. 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Smoothies. I love smoothies
countrymomma81
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Mostly watermelon. I love it. 

NicholasMama608
by Sarah on May. 12, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I love watermelon in the summer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN