Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Brushing and flossing are fun. Think about it. You smile when you brush your teeth, so you're having fun...okay, is that a bit of a stretch? Maybe. I'm sure for some of you or some of your kids, brushing is just another chore to do twice a day.

Yes, the brushing routine is, well, routine, which can get boring and not-so-fun. There is no reason even though it is a routine -- which we want it to be -- it has to be blah. Turn your brushing routine into a fun few minutes in the bathroom with these ideas:

-- Use a cool brushing app. Brushing DJ plays two minutes of a song off of your iPod or iPhone, which keeps everyone on their toes. It also shows where you should be brushing. It's a jazzy little dude to keep tooth time groovy.

-- Use a cool floss holder. Look at this plastic handy fellow who is ready to give you some smooth floss.

-- Favorite Timer. Grab one of these timers and plug it in. Not only does it time how long your kids should be brushing, it also lets them know how long they should wash their hands...which helps keeps their mouth clean too.

-- Friendly pal. Grab a toothbrush with their favorite character. Winnie the Pooh, Cinderella, Toy Story...Oral B makes something for almost every type of Kiddo.

What do you do to make brushing time fun? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/xua

by on May. 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-26):
countrymomma81
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Not much. Sadly enough it's my 9 year old that I have to stay on to brush. My 5 year old absolutely will not go to sleep without flossing and brushing her teeth. 

nngmommy83
by on May. 30, 2012 at 2:43 AM
Nothing really, it's just routine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jacrawford
by on May. 30, 2012 at 4:08 AM
My DD has been in love with brushing her teeth & even more when I let her get that new decorate ur own tooth brush & paste she was thrilled lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2012 at 5:21 AM

We do it together- the kids like being together and that helps any taks go smoother.  

gacgbaker
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2012 at 5:22 AM

Quoting jacrawford:

My DD has been in love with brushing her teeth & even more when I let her get that new decorate ur own tooth brush & paste she was thrilled lol

I haven't seen that, sounds cute!

sunshine86912
by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:52 PM

interesting ideas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN