Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Like I've mentioned, having more fun can be as easy as taking 10 minutes before you fold that laundry to have a tickle fest or to help build a bridge from the bed to the playroom for Teddy and Catty to traverse. I'm taking super simple ways we sometimes forget to infuse some lighter moments into our hours...which is a habit we all can adopt these days.

One great way to get this fun habit going also tackles another great habit: reading. Why not explore some fun books together with your kids, ones that really tickle your funny bone. (There really isn't a funny bone, you know, but the elbow area we often call the funny bone is the ulnar nerve and, when it is knocked against your humerus, it kind of tickles...random tidbit for you.)

-- Joke books. From knock-knocks to puns, they make some super-cute joke books for even the youngest kiddos. Wait til they crack themselves up.

-- Mad libs. When your kids are a little older, this is a cool way to pass the time, especially when you are out and have to wait at a dinner or something.

-- Funny books. I love the Knuffle Bunny books and Diary of a Worm is hilarious as well for the young ones. The older kids will chuckle right along with you at the Bad Kitty books.

-- Cookbooks for kids. Grab a cookbook aimed at kids and crack it open once a week. Help them out, get them messy, have some fun and laughs together in the kitchen.

-- Craft books. Some cool fun books, like learning how to do origami or make sock puppets will surely bring a smile to everyone.

Do you have a book that always makes your kids laugh or put them in a good mood? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/ SergiyN

by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-29):
Kmakksmom
by on May. 30, 2012 at 3:35 PM

All of my kids love to read.  There are many books that make them laugh and put them in good moods.

ceciliam
by on May. 30, 2012 at 4:00 PM

My son loves all his superhero books.

suziejax
by on May. 30, 2012 at 4:10 PM

we used to when they where small... but they still love a good homemade story too. I used to make home made stories to make them laugh. They are now 12 & 17 yet still ask for a home made story from time to time ( I tell funny stories lol) 

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on May. 30, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Amelia Bedelia always made my DD and I giggle when she was little.

bethany169
by Bethany on May. 30, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Most of Cab's favorite books are pretty silly LOL  Miss Nelson is Missing, Gila Monsters meet you at the airport, How I Became a Pirate.... we have fun at bedtime :)

jessicasmom1
by Member on May. 30, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I love to read and am glad to say DD is doing well in her reading now too :-))

Audreesmommy757
by Diana lynn on May. 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM

yes we have alot of books...yes day.....brown bear...we love reading

Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on May. 31, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Not really

sunshine86912
by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:53 PM

no..but I do read to them a good bit

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)