Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

It's Friday. Who has a "Friday thing" you do? Is it always pizza dinner or taco night or some other little ritual, routine, dare I say habit that you do every Friday? Well, why not adopt a few fun habits? For this Friday Fit Club, kick off some traditions, rituals for the family to have a bit of fun. 

-- Country of the Month. Every month, pick a country from the names you place in a hat or bowl. Maybe it is Australia. Or Russia. Or China. Learn about that country. Make a recipe from there. Pick some books from the library. A great tradition that gives every day activities a purpose and could lead to great discussions later on about different cultures.

-- Gratitude Goodnights. Every night, think and talk about somethings that were really good that happened that day. Give thanks for them, remind yourselves how grateful you are for them. A really good habit to get into: being grateful.

-- Dance party daybreak. Take a minute or two every morning and crank up some fun dancing songs. Belt it out, welcome the day with joy.

-- Artist of the Week. Say your kids are getting into art. Why not every Sunday surf around the Internet for info on Gauguin, Warhol, Monet. Create some of your own artwork that is inspired by them. Even the little ones can get some flowers going on that blank paper.

What is a fun tradition your family does together? 

ŠiStockphoto.com/marekuliasz  

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-33):
Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Thursday Jericho chooses dinner

bethany169
by Bethany on Jun. 6, 2012 at 11:18 AM
DS and I used to watch a movie together and stay up a little later than usual. Once his sister came along, our Friday "date night" had to take a backseat. I really like the idea of learning about a different country each week, we might have to try that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NicholasMama608
by Sarah on Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:42 PM

We just have Christmas traditions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN