Bangin' Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Servings: 4 â€¢ Serving Size: 2 skewers Calories: 140 â€¢ Fat: 4.7 g â€¢ Protein: 18.5 g â€¢ Carb: 4.2 g â€¢ Fiber: 0.1 g â€¢ Sugar: 2.8 g
Sodium: 266.9 mg
- 2 1/2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp scallions, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 tbsp Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha (or to taste)
For the Shrimp:
- 40 large (12.8 oz) raw shrimp, shelled and deveined (weight after peeled)
- fresh cracked pepper
- oil spray
Combine the mayo, scallions, sweet chili sauce and sriracha sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
Edamame Fried Rice
Servings: 6 â€¢ Size: just under 1 cup â€¢ Calories: 202 â€¢ Fat: 5.8 g â€¢ Protein: 8.6 g â€¢ Carb: 28.5 g â€¢ Fiber: 4.3 g â€¢ Sugar: 1.1 g
Sodium: 244.1 mg (without salt)
- 3 cups leftover cooked brown rice
- 2 egg whites, scrambled
- 1 whole egg, scrambled
- 1 tbsp Smart Balance oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 5 scallions, chopped, whites and greens separated
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- cooking spray
- 1 cup ready-to-eat shelled edamame
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce, tamari for gluten free (or more to taste)
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
Whisk eggs and egg whites, season with salt and pepper. In a hot wok, spray a little oil and cook the eggs. When cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
Let the wok get really hot. Add oil and cook onions, scallion whites, carrots and garlic for about 30-60 seconds, careful not to burn. Add brown rice and stir well a few minutes to heat through. Add cooked egg along with soy sauce, scallion greens and edamame, mixing well for about 3-4 minutes.
Mommy to 3 and devoted wifey. Yoga posing, meditating, cooking, baking, upcycling, crafting, gardening, and reading fool. Did I mention opinionated, friendly, loyal, and hippish?