Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Healthy Mommy = Healthy Kids

Posted by on May. 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM
  • 20 Replies

Ok, so we have all heard the saying "If mommy ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." BTW, I don't use "ain't" so you have no idea how many times I had to backspace during that quote alone...LOL Anyway, I think that it can also be said, "if mommy ain't healthy, ain't nobody healthy." I'm not just talking physically healthy but I'm talking mentally. What do you do for YOU? Do you ever take time for YOU? Go kidless to the store? Get your hair done? Take a night after everyone is in bed to just have a "me party" and do what you want? What do you do to make sure that you keep in touch with YOU? 

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on May. 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoehlerBear1983
by Meghan on May. 30, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Honestly my only me time is when they are at school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soccerchik8287
by on May. 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I have to much me time. My daughter is with her dad every other weekend. I hate it! lol I miss my daughter tons. I try to just rest when I don't have her

timon95
by Betty on May. 30, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

my me time is when everyone has gone to bed. i sometimes get to go out shopping by myself. my me time is catching up on my shows or scrapbooking or both.

countrymomma81
by on May. 30, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I have tons of me time. Both of my kids are in school. And even during summer they are hardly home. With my grandma living in the back of us (and having a huge pool) and my son going to summer school and going to friends' houses, I'm alone quite often. 

I always have my hair and nails done alone and I almost never bring them shopping. Neither of them like it if they aren't getting anything, and they usually aren't getting anything. 

Once the kids have gone to bed that's when my husband and I get our alone time. Sometimes I go to bed while he's watching tv so I can read my nook but mostly I wait until we go to bed and he's sleeping then I read. 

Not to mention all the alone time I get at the ball park. Sure, it's full of people but my son is always running around with the other kids and if my daughter doesn't have a game she doesn't come, so that's all evening sitting in my little chair doing my own thing while my husband umpires. 

VisionSeeker
by on May. 31, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I schedule me time every day.  It took awhile to get in the habit, but now every am early and late at night when the little ones are in bed...I do.

Harris06
by Megan on May. 31, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Hey, resting is good. Haha

Quoting soccerchik8287:

I have to much me time. My daughter is with her dad every other weekend. I hate it! lol I miss my daughter tons. I try to just rest when I don't have her

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by Megan on May. 31, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Me too!! Exactly!

Quoting timon95:

my me time is when everyone has gone to bed. i sometimes get to go out shopping by myself. my me time is catching up on my shows or scrapbooking or both.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by Megan on May. 31, 2012 at 11:25 AM
My husband and I have our time after the girls are in bed as well. Sometimes I stay up after he goes to bed to et in a little me time.

Quoting countrymomma81:

I have tons of me time. Both of my kids are in school. And even during summer they are hardly home. With my grandma living in the back of us (and having a huge pool) and my son going to summer school and going to friends' houses, I'm alone quite often. 

I always have my hair and nails done alone and I almost never bring them shopping. Neither of them like it if they aren't getting anything, and they usually aren't getting anything. 

Once the kids have gone to bed that's when my husband and I get our alone time. Sometimes I go to bed while he's watching tv so I can read my nook but mostly I wait until we go to bed and he's sleeping then I read. 

Not to mention all the alone time I get at the ball park. Sure, it's full of people but my son is always running around with the other kids and if my daughter doesn't have a game she doesn't come, so that's all evening sitting in my little chair doing my own thing while my husband umpires. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by Megan on May. 31, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Awesome! I try every day but it doesn't happen *every* day like I wish that it did. It will though, one day. :)

Quoting VisionSeeker:

I schedule me time every day.  It took awhile to get in the habit, but now every am early and late at night when the little ones are in bed...I do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by on May. 31, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Oh no, there is no staying up after DH goes to bed. I require much more sleep than he does and I swear he could stay up all night. 

Quoting Harris06:

My husband and I have our time after the girls are in bed as well. Sometimes I stay up after he goes to bed to et in a little me time.

Quoting countrymomma81:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)