Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Great Books About Changes

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 30 Replies

You know me and books. I love them, especially when I can use them to help the kiddo get through a rough time or learn about something new. This is especially a good idea when you and your family are going through a change. They have tons of books about welcoming a new addition to the family or entering preschool or kindergarten, as well other life switches. When we moved apartments, I went out a got a few of these books about moving and I do think it helped any anxious moments in her new bedroom at night. Check out these titles:

Big Ernie's New Home: A Story for Children Who Are Moving by Teresa Martin - A sweet book about a boy moving into a new home. Perfect for youngers kids, as it helps them to know all of the feelings they are having - the good and the bad - are normal.

The Invisible String by Patrice Karst -- This is a great one not only for moving but also for anytime we are separated from loved ones. It explains how we are all connected with an invisible string that can never be broken. The book's message is especially good for those military families or other situations when Mom or Dad might be away for a while.

A Tiger called Thomas by Charlotte Zolotow - This beautiful picture book tackles how it is for a shy child to move and find new friends and the importance of just being yourself. Again, a perfect choice for any kid entering a new situation.

When you moved or had a big change, what books did you read?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ Ilona75 

by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 12:23 AM
my kids have the book Mama Has Hyperemesis Gravidarum (But Only For A While) by Ashli McCall and Anna-Maria Crum. It talks about how sick I get during my pregnancies. My kids had daddy read it to them over and over again during my last two pregnancies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoehlerBear1983
by Meghan on Jun. 7, 2012 at 6:30 AM
I want to look for The Invisible String
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batjmom
by Sarah on Jun. 7, 2012 at 6:35 AM
When my grandmother passed away I got a couple books from the library but Its been awhile and I don't remember the title.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:22 AM

We've never moved or had to worry about any of that. 

soccerchik8287
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM

These are awesome! Thanks for sharing I will be looking into these!

VisionSeeker
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 4:38 PM
These sound awesome. We'll have to check these out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Audreesmommy757
by Diana lynn on Jun. 7, 2012 at 5:35 PM

thanks for shareing

Audreesmommy757
by Diana lynn on Jun. 7, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Quoting VisionSeeker:

These sound awesome. We'll have to check these out.

NicholasMama608
by Sarah on Jun. 7, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I moved and didn't read anything to DS.  I did repeat it over and over to him.

bethany169
by Bethany on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM
DS has a book called I'm a Big Brother that we read to him a lot before and after his sister was born--it was cute but I don't know how much of it sunk in...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN