Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

How do you encourage your kids to stay active? Do you go for walks as families or do they participate in sports? 

playing soccer boyplaying tennis girl

by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Replies (21-27):
babyboxfish
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I get out there and play with them.

gacgbaker
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:26 AM

Quoting timon95:

I don't need to encourage them, they are both very active kids. seems as if their energy levels never run out. ds bowls and dd dances.

That is true!  Kids seem to have endless energy and just want to burn it off!

gacgbaker
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Quoting countrymomma81:

We don't do walks but my kids are plenty active. 

They are both in sports almost year round and during summer they are in the pool almost all day. 

The pool is a great place to spend a summer!

gacgbaker
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Quoting youngartista:

We go on walks, i turn on music and we dance all crazy or do follow the leader/simon says/ etc.. They have a trampoline in the back yard and they like to exercise with me sometimes too.. So cute watching them try to do jumping jacks (ages 3, 5)!!  And they try to exercise on my eliptical. :)

I'm not a big music person, but turning it on and dancing around for fun always seems like a great way to get the kids moving without them even realizing what they are doing- ther then having fun.  

gacgbaker
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:30 AM

One other thing we do is keep down the screen time- they don't get much (if any) during most days and so they are more then happy to go outside and run around.  

timon95
by Betty on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:24 AM

no kidding...I always have people ask me if they can bottle up their energy. lol!

Quoting gacgbaker:

Quoting timon95:

I don't need to encourage them, they are both very active kids. seems as if their energy levels never run out. ds bowls and dd dances.

That is true!  Kids seem to have endless energy and just want to burn it off!

family car

funhappymom
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:37 AM

We do family stuff outside after dinners each day. 

Once the pool is up, we'll enjoy swimming. Until then it really depends on how much time we have. Could be that we go for a walk, just play outside or bike ride. During the day they go outside pretty often if the weather allows. Today it does not, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN