Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Are you a positive role model?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:19 AM
  • 26 Replies

How do you ensure you're a positive role model?

you rock 

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarah824
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I try to model good behavior for my kids. I am not always perfect, but I make sure they know that is ok too. I let them know that we have to learn from those mistakes. 

Audreesmommy757
by Diana lynn on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:51 PM

yes i try to set a good example

soccerchik8287
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I really try to be - especially since I am a teacher :)

Harris06
by Megan on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I like to think that I am, yes. I do so by being a good example for my girls. I know that I have my downfalls and my "days" but I hope that I do a good enough job the majority of the time that they will look up to and strive for the positive qualities.

batjmom
by Sarah on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:20 PM
I try to be but I'm not perfect. They know exercise is an important part of my day, they see me drink water and I even go to bed around the same time they do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VisionSeeker
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I'd like to think I am...but I have my faults.

countrymomma81
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I'll be honest, I'm probably not as good of a good example as I should be. I yell, I curse, I gossip (not much, but still), I eat the wrong things and sometimes I'm not very responsible. 

I'm not perfect, nor do I strive to be. I'm just me and I'm ok with that. My mom wasn't perfect either but I managed to be fine. My kids will be fine as well. It's not like I'm a horrible person but I do have my faults both as a person and a parent. 

bethany169
by Bethany on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:33 PM
I usually do pretty well but I have a temper that sometimes gets the best of me. I'm not perfect but I'm working on getting better :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 3:11 PM
I hope so! I'm in school to get a career going, I exercise, I balance work and home life as best as I can =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 3:12 PM
The fact that you know it and are working on it makes you a positive role model : )

Quoting bethany169:

I usually do pretty well but I have a temper that sometimes gets the best of me. I'm not perfect but I'm working on getting better :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)