Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Snack of the Day 6/10

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:23 AM
  • 5 Replies

Juicy Strawberry Jigglers

Makes 24 Jiggler Squares

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups strawberry kiwi juice, divided
  • 1 cup frozen strawberries
  • 2 envelopes unflavored gelatine
  • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar

Directions

1. In a blender, blend together 1 cup of juice and the frozen fruit until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally to break up any frothy bubbles.
  2. Meanwhile, place the remaining 1/2 cup juice in a large bowl. Sprinkle the gelatine over the juice and let stand 1 minute. Add the hot juice and stir until the gelatine completely dissolves, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sugar.
  3. Pour the mixture into an 8 x 8-inch pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. To serve, cut into squares (use an off-set spatula to remove squares).

sewinggardeningbakingdoing laundryYoga posing, vintage loving, baking, cooking, crafting, gardening, upcycling, reading, mommy of 3 and devoted wifey.

by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bethany169
by Bethany on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:29 PM
These look yummy, although I'm not a big fan of the taste of kiwi--did you notice a strong kiwi aftertaste? I guess I could always sub another type of juice too...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:38 AM

That sounds fun to make and tasty too!

sarah824
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Sounds good! Thanks. 

VisionSeeker
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Personally the few strawberry kiwi juices I've tasted, the strawberry overpowered the kiwi.  But you're also talking to a chic that will cut a kiwi in half and scoop out the insides and eat it that way.

Quoting bethany169:

These look yummy, although I'm not a big fan of the taste of kiwi--did you notice a strong kiwi aftertaste? I guess I could always sub another type of juice too...

nngmommy83
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 2:09 PM
These sound yummy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)