Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

DOTD 6/17

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 3:31 AM
  • 9 Replies

Strawberry Squares

Strawberry Squares
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 24 Size: 1 2-inch square Old Points: 3 pts Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 138.2 • Fat: 4.7g Protein: 2.1 g Carb: 21.7 g Fiber: 0.1 g
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 4 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup canned strawberry pie filling
  • confectioner's sugar for dusting
  • baking spray

Preheat oven to 350°. Spray Baking Pam in a 13 x 9- inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter with the granulated sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla. Add the flour and mix thoroughly.

Spread the dough evenly in the prepared pan. With a small, sharp knife (or toothpick), score into twenty-four 2-inch squares. Place a teaspoon of pie filling in the center of each scored square. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean. Cool to room temperature, then sprinkle with confectioner's sugar before cutting and serving

sewinggardeningbakingdoing laundryYoga posing, vintage loving, baking, cooking, crafting, gardening, upcycling, reading, mommy of 3 and devoted wifey.

by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 3:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Harris06
by Megan on Jun. 17, 2012 at 5:28 AM
Yummy!! Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soccerchik8287
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Those are so cute!

soccerchik8287
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I think I may make these for my wedding. We are going to have cake and all kinds of unhealthy foods. It'd be great to have something that looks classy and is more healthy! What do you gals think?

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jun. 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Neat!

bethany169
by Bethany on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I think these would be an awesome, fun finger food!  And you could cut them into tiny squares, like petit fours, or triangles if you wanted them to look a little more fancy.  When's the big day?

Quoting soccerchik8287:

I think I may make these for my wedding. We are going to have cake and all kinds of unhealthy foods. It'd be great to have something that looks classy and is more healthy! What do you gals think?

countrymomma81
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I'll like them but the others won't. My grandma might enjoy them as well. 

nngmommy83
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Yummy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM
I think these are great for a wedding!!

Quoting soccerchik8287:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VisionSeeker
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 6:30 AM

I say go for it...you might be able to sprinkle some powdered sugar over it to give that "polished" look but then again that defeats the healthy part LOL.

Quoting soccerchik8287:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)