Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SLEEP (and changing less diapers to boot!)

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM
  • 23 Replies

Liam slept for 11 hours last night! For the last week he has been sleeping for 8. Plus, we potty trained Mira in 1 week! I am so excited!! God is so good!!

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c0.0.384.384/p403x403/544967_10151923376385151_1939190178_n.jpg

(Liam is nearly 3 months old!)

by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gilbertgrl627
by New Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

How'd you manage to potty train while you have a 3 month old? lol. What's your secret?!?! My DS1 (also named Liam) will be 3 next month and really has no interest in the potty. He knows when he has to go if he's naked, but I'm not ready to go that route yet. lol. DS2 is almost 5 months old, plus I have a 5yr old DD, and I was trying to figure out how to do the whole potty training thing with an infant.

So....what did you do? :-)

abra
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Well, I know girls tend to be easier then boys for starters. For Mira, I have the Once Upon a Potty dvd that explains the whole thing and has a catchy little song she loves, plus she has an older sister so she knows how this works. For pee training, I set the timer to go off ever 20-30 minutes and set her on the potty every time it went off. For successful peeing in the potty, I gave her 1 treat (her choice, usually lollipops or gummy bears or chocolates). Poop was much tricker. I spend several days cleaning up poopy undies. I finally told her I would buy her something awesome if she would poop in the potty. She asked for a shotgun. Sure enough, 2 days later, she pooped in the potty without me having to remind her to go. We went out that day and bought her a toy shotgun at walmart! Ever since, she gets 4 treats for pooping in the potty.

We still put her in a pullup at night, but the only accidents we've had are during the day when she is playing with friends and seems to forget to go until it's too late. We'll keep up the treats for another month or so but already she is not telling me when she goes pee anymore, so she's only getting treats for pooping in the potty.

Quoting gilbertgrl627:

How'd you manage to potty train while you have a 3 month old? lol. What's your secret?!?! My DS1 (also named Liam) will be 3 next month and really has no interest in the potty. He knows when he has to go if he's naked, but I'm not ready to go that route yet. lol. DS2 is almost 5 months old, plus I have a 5yr old DD, and I was trying to figure out how to do the whole potty training thing with an infant.

So....what did you do? :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
timon95
by Betty on Jul. 8, 2012 at 1:04 AM

aaah...i remember when ds was a baby he slept that long....it didn't last long. 8yrs later the kids still hates to sleep. lol! congrats on these milestones...that is awesome!

abra
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 1:36 AM
yeah, we do sleep training. Some newborns sleep that way naturally, but for the ones who don't you have to actually train them. Otherwise they end up like me.

Quoting timon95:

aaah...i remember when ds was a baby he slept that long....it didn't last long. 8yrs later the kids still hates to sleep. lol! congrats on these milestones...that is awesome!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoehlerBear1983
by Meghan on Jul. 8, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Yay! Nothing is better than a good nights sleep!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VisionSeeker
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM

What do you mean by sleep training? 

Quoting abra:

yeah, we do sleep training. Some newborns sleep that way naturally, but for the ones who don't you have to actually train them. Otherwise they end up like me.

Quoting timon95:

sarah824
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I was wondering the same thing. 

Quoting VisionSeeker:

What do you mean by sleep training? 

Quoting abra:

Quoting timon95:

othermom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Thats great

Audreesmommy757
by Diana lynn on Jul. 8, 2012 at 2:55 PM

yay congrats!!!

ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM
I have a 9 month old named Liam. I also have a 3 yr old boy. Potty training is so difficult as a tired single mom with 2 young boys! Ugh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)