Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Family vacations

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:30 AM
  • 20 Replies

Now that summer is here a lot of us take family vacations.  What kind of vacations do you take as a family? 

Do you stay at resorts or do you like to camp more?  

What has been your favorite family vacation?

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoehlerBear1983
by Meghan on Jul. 9, 2012 at 11:22 AM
This summer we are visiting my friend in newport, ri. My favorite is when we went to storyland, six gun city and santas village
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarah824
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM

We usually camp a lot in the summer. Unfortunately DH has been super busy lately so we haven't gotten to go much this year. We are going to Idaho to see the inlaws in a few weeks.

Audreesmommy757
by Diana lynn on Jul. 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM

we dont do vacations...sadly they dont fit in our budget

batjmom
by Sarah on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:11 PM

A few years ago we did an east coast trip.  I really like it thought it was a nice drive with a lot to see. 

Where is Storyland?

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

This summer we are visiting my friend in newport, ri. My favorite is when we went to storyland, six gun city and santas village

batjmom
by Sarah on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Do you drive when you go to Idaho?  I'm trying to plan a road trip right now with things to do on the way to keep the kids entertained

Quoting sarah824:

We usually camp a lot in the summer. Unfortunately DH has been super busy lately so we haven't gotten to go much this year. We are going to Idaho to see the inlaws in a few weeks.

sarah824
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:28 PM

We do. It is about 8 hours from us. We end up stopping after about 6 and camp for the night just to break things up a little. 

When we went to CA last month (18 hour drive) I printed out Road Trip Bingo cards for the kids and they both brought books and coloring stuff. I gave them each a cookie sheet to use as a *desk* in the car. It kept their pencils and crayons from rolling off and gave them a table when we ate in the car. We also brought the portable DVD player and my laptop (and headphones) so they could both watch their own movies.

Quoting batjmom:

Do you drive when you go to Idaho?  I'm trying to plan a road trip right now with things to do on the way to keep the kids entertained

Quoting sarah824:

PoehlerBear1983
by Meghan on Jul. 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Glen, NH.....we stayed at a hotel in Gorham which was about halfway between storyland and santas village

Quoting batjmom:

A few years ago we did an east coast trip.  I really like it thought it was a nice drive with a lot to see. 

Where is Storyland?

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 3:19 PM

We are taking our first family vacation ever at the end of the month. It's going to be a beach vacation. 

We have our vacations for the next few years planned out already. This year we are going to Florida as a family, then in October DH and I are going to Galveston for a 4 day weekend for our 11th anniversary. Next year we are going on a cruise with two other couples, but adults only. So we have a few smaller weekend things planned with the kids. Then in 2014 for Easter and my daughter's birthday we are going on a Nickelodeon cruise. It will leave Miami and go to some islands that I forgot....lol. That one is a huge surprise and they have no idea we are doing this. 

abra
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:07 PM
We do family church camp as a family. Other then that, we don't do lot of vacations. Our kids are still pretty little so it's tricky to make the whole family mobile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allboys246
by Amy on Jul. 9, 2012 at 5:09 PM

We try to do them when we can. We all like to camp mostly..however a great resort also seems to keep us all busy . LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN