Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

My Husband's Surgery

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:45 PM
  • 9 Replies
My husband had his surgery this morning and I updated my DDG quickly as I got the chance but had our pastor and deacon there so I didn't get a chance to update everyone. This is the post...

We got here at 530 and they almost immediately too Mark back for prep. I was starting to get nervous because his surgery was scheduled for 8 an at 730 I still had not seen him. They called me back shortly thereafter and then took him back at 8, just as scheduled. I just got a call that they had started and everything is going well and he is doing fine. Now I'm back to waiting. I just thought I'd update y'all. *UPDATE 1* He is still in surgery. They just called to update me again and said that they are still working to get the nodule out of the chest but things are going just fine. Gosh, the longer it takes the more nervous I get and every time try call my heart jumps into my throat. I'm ok though. :)

*UPDATE 2*
He is out of surgery and emerging went well. The doctor said that it turned out to be just a fatty tumor, I'm not sure exactly what that is but the doctor made it sound like it was more of just fatty tissue or a cyst. Anyway, Mark is doing well and in recovery. I will be able to see him in about an hour once her gets up to ICU. He will be in the ICU for 24 hours and then moved to a room. He has a chest tube in right now and instead of the three small incisions he has one small and one about 2-3 inches long. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, please keep them coming.

I can't edit the OP anymore from my phone since I edited it from the iPad, I guess, but I'm back with Mark now and he is doing ok. He is in and out of it, still coming out of anesthesia I suppose, and he is stiff he says, but he is good.

I will say, I hope to never have to see him hooked up to all I these machines and wires again. As prepared as I was I don't think you are ever THAT prepared. His lips are so pale. I really just want to crawl in bed with him and lay in his arms with my head on his chest...that'll be a while though, I suppose.

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bethany169
by Bethany on Jul. 9, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Aw, that's got to be so hard to see him like that! But I'm glad everything went well!! Hopefully he has a speedy recovery and is back up and around soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 9, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Thank you. It was very hard. He, even in his "drunken stuper" was cutting up with the nurses and all, and that made me feel better, but it was still hard to see all of the IV's and tubes and lines and such. I hope I never have to see him like that again. It about killed me.

Quoting bethany169:

Aw, that's got to be so hard to see him like that! But I'm glad everything went well!! Hopefully he has a speedy recovery and is back up and around soon!

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

countrymomma81
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:10 AM

That's how I imagine my husband would be if he were to have a surgery or anything. He's such a fun person to be around that I could probably see him cutting up like that too. 

I hope his recovery goes well and everything turns out like it should. I can't (and don't want to find out) imagine what you are going through. 

Quoting Harris06:

Thank you. It was very hard. He, even in his "drunken stuper" was cutting up with the nurses and all, and that made me feel better, but it was still hard to see all of the IV's and tubes and lines and such. I hope I never have to see him like that again. It about killed me.

Quoting bethany169:

timon95
by Betty on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:13 AM

happy to hear it went well

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Um, yes, he asked for a ginger alenand the nurse asked him "diet and regular?" and he, as straight and serious as ever, asked her, "are you saying in fat??" Haha It took her by surprise. Haha

Quoting countrymomma81:

That's how I imagine my husband would be if he were to have a surgery or anything. He's such a fun person to be around that I could probably see him cutting up like that too. 

I hope his recovery goes well and everything turns out like it should. I can't (and don't want to find out) imagine what you are going through. 

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting bethany169:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarah824
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:27 AM

DH was that way too when he had his heart surgery and then again while I was in labor with DS. Laughing is always better than the alternative. :-)

Glad things went well. Praying for a speedy and uneventful recovery. 

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting bethany169:

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. :)

And, yes, each time I have gone into labor Mark and I have the nurses pretty much cracking up. He has a way...I can be mid contraction, almost in tears, and he just says SOMETHING and I want to smack him because it hurts so bad to laugh and yet I am laughing and can't help it. LOL

Quoting sarah824:

DH was that way too when he had his heart surgery and then again while I was in labor with DS. Laughing is always better than the alternative. :-)

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting bethany169:

NicholasMama608
by Sarah on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Prayers for a speedy recovery!

bethany169
by Bethany on Jul. 10, 2012 at 5:02 PM
My DH is the same way--he offered my doula a beer while I was in labor with our daughter, in between pumping up the birth tub, which sprung a leak right after I got in LOL Poor guy worked almost as hard as I did that night!

Quoting Harris06:

Thank you. :)

And, yes, each time I have gone into labor Mark and I have the nurses pretty much cracking up. He has a way...I can be mid contraction, almost in tears, and he just says SOMETHING and I want to smack him because it hurts so bad to laugh and yet I am laughing and can't help it. LOL

Quoting sarah824:

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting bethany169:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN