Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT - Creative Punishments

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:03 AM
  • 35 Replies

Every one uses timeouts or a spanking or taking privileges/things away or grounding, but what are some of your more *creative* punishments?

My neighbor made her 10 year old DD write a 500 word essay on who the mom was in their house.

Another neighbor makes the kids run laps around the cul-de-sac.

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Trans
by Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I also make my nephew and niece write essay , or give them some craftwork and they do it more efficiently.

batjmom
by Sarah on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Mine have to write. So it could be an apology letter or what I have learned essay. That way they have to think about what they did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Depends on the offense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andersongirl562
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I have made my son donate whatever I found on his floor after he cleaned his room. I also make them do chores/yard work. And have sent them to bed at 7 o'clock if they aren't listening or are arguing to much. My kids are ages 14,12,10,7,4
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarah824
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I am just looking for something that will help it sink in that they did wrong. What are some of the punishments you have used in the past? 

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Depends on the offense.

sarah824
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I like the idea of them donating anything they don't get cleaned up. Good one!

Quoting andersongirl562:

I have made my son donate whatever I found on his floor after he cleaned his room. I also make them do chores/yard work. And have sent them to bed at 7 o'clock if they aren't listening or are arguing to much. My kids are ages 14,12,10,7,4

nngmommy83
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

not really since the usual ones work for my kids

brandyj
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM

My friend has a good one... If her DD stomps up the stairs, she makes her come back down, then go back up, then ccome back down over and over until he loses the attitude. 

sarah824
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I have done this too. 

Quoting brandyj:

My friend has a good one... If her DD stomps up the stairs, she makes her come back down, then go back up, then ccome back down over and over until he loses the attitude. 

VisionSeeker
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't had to do anything creative, but I'm taking notes ladies so keep the ideas coming LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)