Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

How do you make sure to get all your fruits and veggies in each day?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 3:03 PM
  • 11 Replies

How to you make sure your kids do?

by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymomma81
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM

We have a vegetable at night with mostly every meal. If they want snacks fruit cups are the first thing I give them, then if they are still hungry they can have something else. 

Summer is hard because of the "grazing" they do all day but during school I will pack a fruit or vegetable with each lunch. 

PEEK05
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 4:41 PM

The only snacks we have during the day are fruits and veggies. I also try to incorporate a fruit for breakfast and a veggie for dinner in our meals.

allboys246
by Amy on Jul. 12, 2012 at 5:27 PM

We do a veggie with dinner everyday. We always do a fruit with breakfast and sometimes lunch as well. They snack on alot of fruit as well. We also always have the V8 fruit drinks in the house as well because that is a serving of fruit and veg.

sarah824
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM

The kids drink V8 Fusion or Ocean Spray Fruit & Veggie. This way I know that with what we eat at meal times and snacks they are getting enough.

I know I don't wat enough fruits and veggies, but we do have a veggie of some sort with dinner EVERY night.

gum.drop
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM

you have to supplement of else no one really eats enough veggies, especially kids.... we also make green shakes...

having veggies with 2 meals is never enough ... unless they are eating a cup or more at each sitting.

soccerchik8287
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Right now its easy. Any time we go outside we pick veggies or fruits & eat them.

bethany169
by Bethany on Jul. 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM
We are awful about eating veggies, the kids get plenty of fruit during the day but I need to work on the veggies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
timon95
by Betty on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:59 AM

my kids love when i buy grapes, celery, carrots, green beans, etc and just set them out on the counter for them buffet style and let them pick and choose what and how much they want of each item to go with the rest of their meal. they act as if i am mom of the year when i do that - greatest thing in the world! lol! i do also try to serve a veggie with almost every dinner.

nngmommy83
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:26 AM

this is hard but I really feel like my kids have a balanced diet. Somedays might not be as great food wise as others but I feel like they balance each other out. That being said I offer them fruit/veggies as snack, with each meal and hide them in some of the foods I make =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN