Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Are you looking forward to anything exciting in the next 7 days? 

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
countrymomma81
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 2:55 PM

It is, but when you have 3 out of 4 weekends in a month like this (or even worse, all 4 weekends) it gets tiring. We go full speed ahead so much that we forget to take breaks. 

I need to make it out to one of our farmer's markets. We have them twice a month here but I've never been able to get to one. 

Quoting abra:

That sounds like a such a fun weekend!! We are probably going to finish building our chicken coop tonight, tomorrow we hit the farmers market for fresh doughnuts and Sunday we go to church and then to our inlaws for dinner. :-)

Quoting countrymomma81:

Well, I try to make something exciting about every day...lol. It's what keeps me going. 

Tonight if my husband gets off early enough we are going eat Chinese food then going shopping. Nothing exciting but we'll all be together so it's enough for me. 

Tomorrow after he gets off of work he wants to go show me a modular home he saw for sale, then we are taking the kids see Ice Age then we are going get him a few "fishing shirts" because they are on sale at Academy. After that we are going to Hobby Lobby to get me a few hair bow making supplies so I can finish some bows people have asked for. 

Sunday (unless DH gets called in to work) we don't plan on leaving the house at all. The rest of the week just consists of getting things ready for vacation and resting a bit. We leave on July 28th for a week so I have a lot to prepare. And the week we leave will be crazy busy because we have tons of appointments during the day and at night my husband referees dodgeball and it's playoffs Mon-Thur with the championship game on July 27th. That's going to put us getting home late the Friday night before we leave so there isn't much time to do last minute packing. It's going to be a busy time. 

abra
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 3:00 PM

For sure! We have to really work to cut back on the activites sometimes. My inlaws haven't had little kids around in a long time so they forget if the kids don't have somekind of routine and naps at some point during the day, everyone will be unhappy! :-) 

We live in a really small town so the famers market is easy to get to and a community event. :) When we lived in a bigger town we virtually never made it down there!  

Quoting countrymomma81:

It is, but when you have 3 out of 4 weekends in a month like this (or even worse, all 4 weekends) it gets tiring. We go full speed ahead so much that we forget to take breaks. 

I need to make it out to one of our farmer's markets. We have them twice a month here but I've never been able to get to one. 

Quoting abra:

That sounds like a such a fun weekend!! We are probably going to finish building our chicken coop tonight, tomorrow we hit the farmers market for fresh doughnuts and Sunday we go to church and then to our inlaws for dinner. :-)

Quoting countrymomma81:

Well, I try to make something exciting about every day...lol. It's what keeps me going. 

Tonight if my husband gets off early enough we are going eat Chinese food then going shopping. Nothing exciting but we'll all be together so it's enough for me. 

Tomorrow after he gets off of work he wants to go show me a modular home he saw for sale, then we are taking the kids see Ice Age then we are going get him a few "fishing shirts" because they are on sale at Academy. After that we are going to Hobby Lobby to get me a few hair bow making supplies so I can finish some bows people have asked for. 

Sunday (unless DH gets called in to work) we don't plan on leaving the house at all. The rest of the week just consists of getting things ready for vacation and resting a bit. We leave on July 28th for a week so I have a lot to prepare. And the week we leave will be crazy busy because we have tons of appointments during the day and at night my husband referees dodgeball and it's playoffs Mon-Thur with the championship game on July 27th. That's going to put us getting home late the Friday night before we leave so there isn't much time to do last minute packing. It's going to be a busy time. 

bethany169
by Bethany on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Cab turns 4 on Sunday so we're going to a local mini golf/go-kart/pizza/park place with the neighbor kid and our nephews.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethany169
by Bethany on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM
My boss is out of town on Monday and Tuesday :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethany169
by Bethany on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Next weekend, the kids and I are going hiking and swimming at a nearby state park.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethany169
by Bethany on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM
I got the kids' pictures taken last week and I get to pick them up this weekend. I'm excited to actually have some good pics of them for my office, I only have really old ones of them there right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethany169
by Bethany on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:57 PM
I ordered a bunch of new work clothes online this week and they should be here tomorrow or Monday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VisionSeeker
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 6:54 AM

happy anniversary 

Quoting abra:

Our 8 year wedding anniversary is on Tuesday!

VisionSeeker
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Honestly, I'm looking forward to ordering my sons glasses (they're a lesser strength Rx) and not having any baseball anything.  Hopefully by monday the state championship games will be OVER! 

sarah824
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Happy Birthday to Cab!!! 

Quoting bethany169:

Cab turns 4 on Sunday so we're going to a local mini golf/go-kart/pizza/park place with the neighbor kid and our nephews.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN