Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vent Moment 7/16

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM
  • 7 Replies

Blue Bird

What's got you down and blue today?

Hippy Chic~Yoga posing, vintage loving, baking, cooking, crafting, gardening, upcycling, reading, mommy of 3 and devoted wifey. 

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
allboys246
by Amy on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Ok well I will vent for today and yesterday. LOL

I have had the longest weekend ever. I was out running around Friday and did not hear my phone in my purse. I look at it and I have 5 missed calls and 5 new voice mails from my sister and my neice. So right away I knew something was wrong. I check the voicemail and the 1st one is my sister saying her to call the cops  her boyfriend was hitting her. So we are now 4 hours away from each other so I call the cops. Then LONG story short . She had 3 hours to pack up her things and move 4 hours away.. Her and her boyfriend were engaged and they moved into a bigger place together about 1 year ago. Well he just put himself on the lease and not her. He hit her and punched her in the head and the cops took pics and told her they could take him to jail now but she and her kids would have to leave right away without any of there belongings OR she has 3 hours and he will just leave with his mother. So giving the fact that she did not want to leave EVERYTHING they own behind That Douchebag got to leave with his mother.

Now she is moved  and settled (as much as she can be so far) and she is only about 30 minutes from us.  

So all of that in 1 weekend. 

Kinda makes you wonder what the week has in store....

VisionSeeker
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Oh man, that's awful.  I'm so sorry you're sister went through that.  Are they safe now?  I mean, the dufus boyfriend doesn't know where she's at right?

Quoting allboys246:

I have had the longest weekend ever. I was out running around Friday and did not hear my phone in my purse. I look at it and I have 5 missed calls and 5 new voice mails from my sister and my neice. So right away I knew something was wrong. I check the voicemail and the 1st one is my sister saying her to call the cops  her boyfriend was hitting her. So we are now 4 hours away from each other so I call the cops. Then LONG story short . She had 3 hours to pack up her things and move 4 hours away.. Her and her boyfriend were engaged and they moved into a bigger place together about 1 year ago. Well he just put himself on the lease and not her. He hit her and punched her in the head and the cops took pics and told her they could take him to jail now but she and her kids would have to leave right away without any of there belongings OR she has 3 hours and he will just leave with his mother. So giving the fact that she did not want to leave EVERYTHING they own behind That Douchebag got to leave with his mother.

Now she is moved  and settled (as much as she can be so far) and she is only about 30 minutes from us.  

Love Is Being A Mom    My Family

PEEK05
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Nothing :)

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 16, 2012 at 3:37 PM

My husband went to the doctors' this morning....he has the beginnings of pneumonia. Ugh! 

countrymomma81
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Lord I don't even know where to start. I guess I'll start with the back story. 

Mom was a teen mom who married my step dad when she was 19 and he was 17. He did the best he could and for the most part he was great, but he was immature and not quite ready to be a dad. Five years later here comes my little sister and from the beginning it was obvious that she was the light of his life. Due to him (and my mom) sort of putting me on the back burner my mom's family started stepping up. I mean, my uncle and aunt were young when my mom had me, and my mom worked so my grandma took care of me along with my aunt and uncle helping. They got close to me. As time went on the extended family grew. In October of 85 my aunt had her son, in November of 85 my uncle had his daughter and unfortunately by the time my little sister came along in February of 86 babies were old news I guess. She never really got the attention from my (extended) family that my mom and dad thought she deserved. Therefore they doted on her and put me on the back burner. It was like this all of my life, a stupid cycle. My aunt or my uncle would call me to go (mostly to babysit because I was older) and my dad would get jealous so they would take her to a movie or the zoo or anywhere else fun. When I got back this was thrown in my face. 

Fast forward. I have 2 kids, my sister has 3. My mom and dad have always done more for her kids, not just financially but in all aspects of life. I was told long ago that it was because my kids do more, have more and live better than my sisters kids. They are well dressed, have good hygeine, are smart, we take them do all sorts of stuff and they are in tons of sports and activities. My sisters kids are always in old hand me downs, they have rotten teeth with silver caps on them, they never match and hardly ever get new things. They never bring them anywhere but fishing and they just put them in softball this year. My parents have never come to any of my son or daughter's games but you can bet they were at softball watching my sister's kids. They even ordered shirts with my sister's kids names on them but never even bothered to put my kids name (they all play for the same league). Stuff like that lets me know that my kids will never me equal. My mom will hand me money to go shopping for birthdays and Christmas for my kids because she has no idea what they want or need. My sister and her family live with my mom and dad because they lost their house. So keep in mind that my parents see them every single day. Well, mom and dad bought a camper. They had said that for the first few trips no kids would be going because they wanted some alone time. No problem. A few weeks ago my mom gave me $200.00 to put aside for vacation. She said that she wanted the kids to be able to do whatever they wanted with it. I was excited for them even though we really didn't need it. Yesterday I found out that while my mom and dad were camping my dad told her that they needed to call my sister and tell her to bring their kids over since my kids were going on a vacation and my sister's weren't. When I found this out I was so mad. I am so tired of my kids not being treated fairly. 

And sure, I could talk to her about it, but how do I do that without sounding jealous or whiny? We aren't the typical family (obviously) that is close and talks to one another. And I certainly don't want them to start doing things with my kids out of obligation either. And it's not like I begrudge my sister's kids the opportunity to do something fun, they deserve it. And if my parents or I don't do it they'll never do anything. Usually when we go somewhere we'll take the older two with us so they can have some fun too. I just don't think it's fair that my kids didn't even get a phone call asking them to go spend the day even. 

Sorry so long, rant over. 

allboys246
by Amy on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Thanks. Yes they are safe and no he does not know where they are.

Quoting VisionSeeker:

Oh man, that's awful.  I'm so sorry you're sister went through that.  Are they safe now?  I mean, the dufus boyfriend doesn't know where she's at right?

Quoting allboys246:

abra
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 1:48 AM
does only sleeping 4 hours count? Cause that's all I got!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)