Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Put your shoes on!

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM
  • 19 Replies

I read a tip years ago that said if you want to have a productive day than to put your shoes on first thing after you wake up. If you do that than you feel like you should be moving and you will, in turn, get more done around the house and such. It's a mental thing.

Have you ever heard that? Do you do that? Do you think that it really helps?

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarah824
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I hate wearing shoes. Any kind of shoes, so this is not for me. I take my shoes off as soon as I come through my door and only put them on if I am going out. 

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I am the same way. No wonder my house isn't spotless. LOL

Quoting sarah824:

I hate wearing shoes. Any kind of shoes, so this is not for me. I take my shoes off as soon as I come through my door and only put them on if I am going out. 

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

countrymomma81
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I don't but it makes sense to me. I don't mind wearing shoes and I hate being barefoot. I always either have socks or flip flops on in my house. 

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:54 PM

It does make sense. I just don't really care for wearing shoes in my house. I may wear socks but shoes come off at the door. 

Quoting countrymomma81:

I don't but it makes sense to me. I don't mind wearing shoes and I hate being barefoot. I always either have socks or flip flops on in my house. 

Refurbished
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:54 PM

My mother did that.  Every morning without fail she would get up early, take a shower and get completely ready as if she was going to work.  She wore dress pants and low heels even though she was a SAHM.  She always said that it made her more productive and made her day feel longer.

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 16, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I actually did that for a while and it was quite a liberating feeling. Although I didn't ever get up THAT early. haha 

Quoting Refurbished:

My mother did that.  Every morning without fail she would get up early, take a shower and get completely ready as if she was going to work.  She wore dress pants and low heels even though she was a SAHM.  She always said that it made her more productive and made her day feel longer.

countrymomma81
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:56 PM

If we had carpet I'd be fine with bare feet, but we have linoleum. With two kids that are always eating and a dog that goes outside a few times a day, my floor is never spotless and I hate feeling "crunchies" under my feet. 

Quoting Harris06:

It does make sense. I just don't really care for wearing shoes in my house. I may wear socks but shoes come off at the door. 

Quoting countrymomma81:

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I feel ya. We have hardwood and tile...along with 3 children and 2 bullmastiffs. I tend to at least sweep every other day, at least. 

Quoting countrymomma81:

If we had carpet I'd be fine with bare feet, but we have linoleum. With two kids that are always eating and a dog that goes outside a few times a day, my floor is never spotless and I hate feeling "crunchies" under my feet. 

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting countrymomma81:

timon95
by Betty on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I havenever heard of that. I do not put my shoes on right away because I do not always get dressed right away.

countrymomma81
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I sweep multiple times a day along with passing my Swiffer vac and I still get crunchies. And it's been rainy here for about two weeks so that's not helping things either. 

Quoting Harris06:

I feel ya. We have hardwood and tile...along with 3 children and 2 bullmastiffs. I tend to at least sweep every other day, at least. 

Quoting countrymomma81:

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting countrymomma81:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)