Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Children & 2nd-story Windows

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:53 PM
  • 264 Replies

Another child hospitalized after falling from window

MILWAUKIE, OR (KPTV) -

Another child has fallen from a window in Clackamas County, marking the fourth such incident this month.

A 3-year-old Milwaukie boy is said to have fallen 20 feet from a second story window of his house.

Police said he was on a couch along the wall when he pushed the screen and fell out. He landed on a concrete walkway below.

When first responders arrived, the boy was crying. But now he is listed in serious condition at OHSU Doernbecher Hospital.

This is the fourth incident of its kind in Clackamas County in a three-week span.

Does this happen a lot where you live? What have you done to make sure it does not happen to your kids?

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nngmommy83
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:46 PM

I have never heard of this happening in our area =( scary!

kickassk3lli
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:56 PM
19 moms liked this

I live in an apartment on the second floor and this is why I don't care how much it costs to run the ca all the time my windows are always closed, latched and will never be open.

soccerchik8287
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Wow that is so scary! I havent heard of it happening around us
Allebas
by New Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:05 AM

I haven't heard of anyone in our area falling out of a window. We have screens on our windows. Our kids also KNOW they do not play near open windows period!

twinstartermom
by New Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:08 AM
2 moms liked this

WoW. I live in the state. As for my area, not sure. I really don't do the news or anything outside my brain. It's just too much.

jessi19
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:12 AM
2 moms liked this

i live in clackamas county, so yes a lot lately!

MockingJay
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:18 AM
3 moms liked this

I live near Clackamas county, but have been clueless. I am from NYC. I know a family whose child was killed, at 2 years of age, when she fell from a window. In NYC, most windows have guards to prevent this. I am sure it helps, but it still happens. Eric Claptons son died this way years ago....he write Tears in Heaven for that poor baby. 

Adamswifeypoo08
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:27 AM
4 moms liked this

I've never heard of this happening where we live. If parents would child proof their house and actually watch their kids, then it would probably happen less

sleepymommy87
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I live in Salem, OR and I used to live in Milwaukie. A lot of Milwaukie is kinda ghetto, so I'm not surprised at this news. 

SevysMomma
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:41 AM
5 moms liked this

Wow, so sad. =(
I am very paranoid about our windows since we live in a 3 story building, me and DS bedroom being on the 3rd floor! Unless someone is in the room with the door locked so DS can't get in, those windows are ALWAYS closed and locked. One is blocked by a dresser too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)