Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Do you have any hobbies or crafts that you do as a creative outlet? 

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 9:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
timon95
by Betty on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:43 PM

remember - this is no right or wrong way to scrap! it's your memories you're keepsaking so it's perfect!

Quoting bethany169:

I try to scrapbook but I'm not very good at it LOL So I run and do yoga to blow off stress.

family car

abra
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM
I'd love to learn how to make candles.

Quoting sarah824:

I love baking, reading, gardening and in the winter I make candles. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM
I love to cook too!

Quoting Schleetle:

I do a lot of yoga, and biking neither of which are creative more so just healthy. Creatively I like to cook, bake, sew, and paint.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarah824
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Here is the first candle I made and the instructions I used. I bought all of my supplies at Micheal's. If it is something you are going to make a hobby of I recommend a good double boiler just for melting your wax. I use scents and colors now too. Use Crayola crayons for color instead of the color made for candle making.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5912_make-ice-candles.html

Quoting abra:

I'd love to learn how to make candles.

Quoting sarah824:

I love baking, reading, gardening and in the winter I make candles. 

abra
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Brilliant! Thank you!
Quoting sarah824:

VisionSeeker
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I blog, sew, read, bake, garden, scrapbook, pretty much anything creative that I come across.

bethany169
by Bethany on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Good point :) I just feel like I'm so uncreative and every page starts to look the same. My favorite pages are the ones that actually have mementos and souvenir-type stuff on them because they're not just pictures and stickers LOL

It's also much easier to either take the kids with me or tell the hubs he is in charge when I'm going for a run rather than hiding in the guest room trying to work on a scrapbook lol I think I'll be better at it once they're older.

Quoting timon95:

remember - this is no right or wrong way to scrap! it's your memories you're keepsaking so it's perfect!

Quoting bethany169:

I try to scrapbook but I'm not very good at it LOL So I run and do yoga to blow off stress.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethany169
by Bethany on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:40 AM
And thank you for the encouragement :)

Quoting timon95:

Quoting bethany169:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
timon95
by Betty on Jul. 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

when I first started to scrapbook I started off with Creative Memories and only used their products - they were all I knew about. Many of my pages in my sons baby album consist of a typical Creative Memories page - triangles in corners, a border, an oval or circle and lots of stickers.....lol! I finally discovered a scrapbook store not far from my house and took a few classes. Took me awhile to branch away from my typical Creative Memories pages and punch holes in my pages and use brads etc. lol!

Quoting bethany169:

Good point :) I just feel like I'm so uncreative and every page starts to look the same. My favorite pages are the ones that actually have mementos and souvenir-type stuff on them because they're not just pictures and stickers LOL

It's also much easier to either take the kids with me or tell the hubs he is in charge when I'm going for a run rather than hiding in the guest room trying to work on a scrapbook lol I think I'll be better at it once they're older.

Quoting timon95:

Quoting bethany169:

family car

timon95
by Betty on Jul. 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

you're welcome :)

Quoting bethany169:

And thank you for the encouragement :)

Quoting timon95:

Quoting bethany169:

family car

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)