10 Healthy Lunch Ideas for Kids
Send kids off to school with a nutritious brown bag lunch.
- A natural peanut butter sandwich topped with sliced apples, bananas, raisins, or shredded carrots on 100 percent whole-wheat bread
- Strips of grilled chicken breast with avocado, tomato, and peppers in a whole-wheat wrap
- Whole-wheat pasta salads with cubed lean ham or turkey
- A quesadilla made with reduced-fat cheese on a whole-wheat tortilla
- Individual packets of high-fiber, whole-grain crackers with hummus or reduced-fat cheese
- An assortment of colorful cut-up veggies paired with reduced-sugar ranch dressing for dipping
- Reduced-fat cheese sticks
- Single-sized portions of unsweetened applesauce or fruit chunks packed in natural juice
- Sliced apples, pears, or other fruit for dipping in low-fat vanilla or lemon yogurt
- Trail mix made with whole-grain cereals, whole-wheat pretzels, and dried fruit
Learn more in the Everyday Health Kids’ Health Center.