Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Did you visit the dentist while you were pregnant?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:32 PM
  • 10 Replies

Did you develop teeth problems during your pregnancy? 

by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nngmommy83
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:37 PM
No I didn't just for regular cleaning
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PoehlerBear1983
by Meghan on Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shellygrimes
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Yes i had 3 teeth removed last pregnacy
abra
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:31 PM
I visited but no troubles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by Megan on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I did not.

timon95
by Betty on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:01 PM

no, went just for my regular cleaning

sunshine86912
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I did..like once lol with my oldest

bethany169
by Bethany on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I was lazy and didn't go for almost 5 years, including while I was pregnant.  I finally went this past January and had 5 cavities that needed to be filled, including two that ended up needing root canals :(  I'm kicking myself for not going sooner!!

MamisAngels
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:41 AM
I went during my last pregnancy about 3 years ago. I was having tooth sensitivity in one area. She found a small cavity that she wanted to take care of immediately. I asked if it would be safe to do so and she said because I was in my first trimester it would be fine.

Unfortunately, that pregnancy resulted in my daughter being born sleeping as I like to call it, just 4 days before my due date. I'm not saying that was related to the dentist visit cause I don't know what happened, but that tooth for some reason still is sensitive to both hot and cold. When I went back for a follow up after 6 months and told the dr about the tooth still being sensitive, she said it would take time. I never went back to her. 3 years later I think I've had more than enough time to go through whatever phase of adjustment she said. I think that tooth probably shouldn't have been touched during my pregnancy, especially since it wasn't too serious. If I ever decide to have another child, I will not visit the dentist at all during those nine months. I know dentist visits should be every 6 months for cleaning but I'd rather wait, regardless if problems arise. I'd rather deal with it than go to a dentist that thinks they're doing what's best and doesn't help at all.

"Beauty is God's handwriting." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

countrymomma81
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I did visit the dentist, and no, I didn't develop any issues from pregnancy. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)