Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Kids shoes

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:12 AM
  • 15 Replies

Where do you get most of your kids shoes?    Are they picky about what kind they like?

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 7:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoehlerBear1983
by Meghan on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Ds1 has very narrow feet and he always gravitates towards the nikes.

Ds2 likes easy to slip on and off without untying. He likes skater shoes the best. Whether they be vans. Or tony hawk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batjmom
by Sarah on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Do the Tony Hawk shoes wear out for him on the bottom? My son use to like them but it seemed like a hole would always appear soon After buying them

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

Ds2 likes easy to slip on and off without untying. He likes skater shoes the best. Whether they be vans. Or tony hawk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Modell's for all sneakers, Wal-Mart for dress shoes and Payless or Target for crocs.

sarah824
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Neither kid is picky about what shoes they wear. DD loves shoes so I buy the inexpensive ones at either Target or Payless. She has so many pairs that she rotates between so none of them ever wear out. DS couldn't care less about his shoes. 

PoehlerBear1983
by Meghan on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:42 AM
He only ever had one pair because that brand is never on sale. They were ok. Last year he had DC and they held up great. I hope i can talk him into another pair of those!

Quoting batjmom:

Do the Tony Hawk shoes wear out for him on the bottom? My son use to like them but it seemed like a hole would always appear soon After buying them

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Usually at Nordstrom but DD is starting to shop at Vans and foot locker a little more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Target. They aren't terribly picky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

We usually get them from Academy. We've always bought them athletic shoes like Under Armour, Sketchers or Nike. This year we let them pick their own shoes and my son got some Vans and my daughter got some Ralph Lauren shoes that almost resemble penny loafers. 

VisionSeeker
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:27 PM

My oldest DS has to have name brand and it's got to be either from Hibbetts or some other store that carries what he'll wear.

The twins I can get away with just about anything.  I usually buy their stuff at payless.com.

timon95
by Betty on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:52 PM

they are picky, but i have the final say. i am not about to spend a lot of money on shoes when they will outgrow them in 6mos. We usually get most of their shoes at payless during bogo or walmart, kmart, jcpenny or sears.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)