Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

So I am at a loss of what to do for dinner tonight. I think I either want Shepherd's Pie or some kind of tilapia. Do any of y'all have any super yummy recipes? Or tilapia recipes? I know, there is always Google, and I utilize that quite often looking for new recipes but I thought I'd ask and see if y'all had any you felt like sharing. 

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
nngmommy83
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM
We're eating out : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethany169
by Bethany on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:10 PM
That sounds super yummy!! I need to do stir fry more often because I always have the ingredients on hand but I forget I have them lol

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

I made a delicious beef stir fry yesterday with cabbage, broccoli, onion, green and red peppers. I used kinkomans(sp?) Stir fry seasoning

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethany169
by Bethany on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Hope you figured out something for dinner, Megan :) We had slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches (Sarah824's recipe, actually!) And they were yummy!!

When I make tilapia, I usually just put lemon pepper seasoning on it and pan fry it. I've never made shepherd's pie before but it looks good :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:35 PM
We usually just fry up tilapia in butter/olive oil with garlic and soy sauce and serve it over rice.

Tonight we had spaghetti, corn and garbonzo beans.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Quoting countrymomma81:

My friend's boyfriend is cooking a big pot of chili tonight and invited us. 

That chili was darn good but spicy! We had a nice visit and great food. 

timon95
by Betty on Aug. 11, 2012 at 8:43 PM

no tilapia recipes here. we had easy burgerson the grill tonight

NicholasMama608
by Sarah on Aug. 14, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Quoting PoehlerBear1983:

I made a delicious beef stir fry yesterday with cabbage, broccoli, onion, green and red peppers. I used kinkomans(sp?) Stir fry seasoning

YUM!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
batjmom
by Sarah on Aug. 14, 2012 at 3:47 PM

My SIL just wraps tilapia in foil with olive oil and lemon, salt and pepper. Thats how she likes it.

I dont eat fish but when I make it I use olive oil, cracked black pepper and use panko. 

batjmom
by Sarah on Aug. 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Tonight I'm making roasted chicken breast with peppers from the garden.  Then I picked a few jalapenos and stuffed those with cheese and coated in panko, and for my dh fried green tomatoes (healthier version). 

cucumbers and protein shake for me.  &%^$ Diet

Harris06
by Megan on Aug. 14, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Can I come to your house for dinner tonight? haha

Quoting batjmom:

Tonight I'm making roasted chicken breast with peppers from the garden.  Then I picked a few jalapenos and stuffed those with cheese and coated in panko, and for my dh fried green tomatoes (healthier version). 

cucumbers and protein shake for me.  &%^$ Diet

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN