Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Financial questions

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 3:01 PM
  • 10 Replies

This may seem a little OT, but I know we've talked about teaching kids healthy financial habits before so this ties in a little.

DH and I both have several retirement accounts from different jobs, checking accounts at 3 different banks, etc, and I'm trying to get them all organized in one place so that I have a good view of our financial picture, as well as all our account information in one place. 

Do you ladies have any software or websites that you recommend for organizing your personal finances?  I'd prefer free, but I'll pay for something if it does everything I need it to and is secure and trustworthy (security and trustworthiness being the most important).

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nngmommy83
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:53 PM
I've heard of several people using Dave Ramsey site to do that but I just use excel myself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VisionSeeker
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:30 PM
I've got nothing sweetie. Sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrymomma81
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I'd like some answers as well. I've looked up a few programs but they seem to be more difficult than what I'm looking for. Every one had a place to monitor credit cards but we don't have any and that's what most of them focus on. 

bethany169
by Bethany on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Does his site have a way to link up your accounts so that it automatically downloads the balances, etc?  Part of my problem is I don't have time to load the info myself each month....

Quoting nngmommy83:

I've heard of several people using Dave Ramsey site to do that but I just use excel myself

bethany169
by Bethany on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I did a quick google search and Ace Money Personal Finance Manager seems to cover just about everything. I think that's what I might go with, just to cover all my bases.  We've gotten rid of all but one credit card too, I just need a place to track all my bills, and our different account balances. The reviews on this site contain just about every category you could hope for, so maybe it will help you narrow it down....

http://personal-finance-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Quoting countrymomma81:

I'd like some answers as well. I've looked up a few programs but they seem to be more difficult than what I'm looking for. Every one had a place to monitor credit cards but we don't have any and that's what most of them focus on. 

countrymomma81
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Thanks. I will look into that one when I get home.

Quoting bethany169:

I did a quick google search and Ace Money Personal Finance Manager seems to cover just about everything. I think that's what I might go with, just to cover all my bases.  We've gotten rid of all but one credit card too, I just need a place to track all my bills, and our different account balances. The reviews on this site contain just about every category you could hope for, so maybe it will help you narrow it down....

http://personal-finance-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

Quoting countrymomma81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emarin77
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Quoting nngmommy83:

NicholasMama608
by Sarah on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I use Excel. 

A lot of people like Dave Ramsey.  But it's is nothing more than using envelopes to designate what money goes where so you don't swipe your card and use $20 of Food money for Gas.  It's nothing special.  I learnt how to do that when I was a kid from my grandmother and back then it wasn't a special method it was just an easy way to visually see where your money is going.

batjmom
by Sarah on Aug. 23, 2012 at 6:54 AM

I'm sorry I dont have any helpful information on a free site.  The site we use is not free

abra
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 5:43 PM
I think my husband uses ibank.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN