Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching Kids Healthy Habits Teaching Kids Healthy Habits

Need help getting daughter to eat...

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:53 PM
  • 10 Replies

She is 11 months and has been eating baby food and table food since 6 months. Shes never had any problems eating or trying new things.

But, for the past week, she hasnt wanted to eat anything except her bottle and cheese. Why might this be happening?! How do I get her to eat again? She only weighs about 16 pounds so her not eating food is making her lose some weight :(

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Has this gotten better? I would keep trying to introduce healthy foods: fruit, veggies. Your pediatrician could always recommend seeing a dietitian.

Sisteract
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:08 PM

offer her very small portions.

mrswillie
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Keep trying. It may be just a phase.

othermom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Just keep offering her diffrent options, three meals a day and 2-3 small snacks. Kids that age can go through times when their eating slows, my kids did that.

critter_boo
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:21 AM
This mine went thru it

Quoting mrswillie:

Keep trying. It may be just a phase.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TigerofMu
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM

She might be teething, or she just might be in a stage.  Upset tummy?  I see this was several months ago.  How is she doing now?

MommaChelsea1
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Hey! She is 13 months now and doing better, she eats more food now, but doesnt like her cheese anymore lol. 13 months and 18 pounds. tiny little girl she is lol
Quoting TigerofMu:

She might be teething, or she just might be in a stage.  Upset tummy?  I see this was several months ago.  How is she doing now?

TigerofMu
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I think as long as she is growing, even if slowly, you're doing alright.  She may just be fine boned and light framed...I think they all go through stages like that...cheese, no cheese, milk, no milk, fruit, no fruit...

Quoting MommaChelsea1:

Hey! She is 13 months now and doing better, she eats more food now, but doesnt like her cheese anymore lol. 13 months and 18 pounds. tiny little girl she is lol
Quoting TigerofMu:

MommaChelsea1
by New Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:24 AM
ya no problem with no fruit yet! :) but right now shes sick. the first cold shes ever had and its killing me :( i hate not being able to do much for her...
Quoting TigerofMu:

I think as long as she is growing, even if slowly, you're doing alright.  She may just be fine boned and light framed...I think they all go through stages like that...cheese, no cheese, milk, no milk, fruit, no fruit...

Quoting MommaChelsea1:

Quoting TigerofMu:

TigerofMu
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I hate that!  Hope she is feeling better soon!

Quoting MommaChelsea1:

ya no problem with no fruit yet! :) but right now shes sick. the first cold shes ever had and its killing me :( i hate not being able to do much for her...
Quoting TigerofMu:

Quoting MommaChelsea1:

Quoting TigerofMu:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN