Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recipes!

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 12:08 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 178 Total Views

I thought we could share recipes! I love to cook and I am always looking for new ideas! So, heres one to start!

*Zucchini Pizza*

What you will need:

-large zucchini ( slice about 3/4 thick), you can pob ger 4 individual pizza's out of 1 zucchini and try buying more rounded ones bc they work better as a base.

--olive oil, for lightly brushing both sides of pizza

--pizza sauce of your choice

-grated cheese of your choice

--pizza toppings of your choice ( I like turkey pepperoni)

Cut zucchini into thick slices about 3/4 inch thick and brush both sides with olive oil

Grill the zucchini 7-8 minutes, or until there are some grill marks and it's starting to be tender. (If the zucchini has a side that's slightly larger, grill that first so it will be the "top.") If desired, you can heat the sauce while the zucchini grills.

Remove zucchini from the grill and add desired toppings.

Put loaded zucchini slices back on the grill and cook 7-8 minutes more with the grill lid closed. (Check them every few minutes to see when the cheese is melted and the toppings are lightly browned, especially if you're using a broiler.

Remove zucchini pizzas from grill and serve hot. (I doubt this would reheat that well, but if anyone has leftovers and tries reheating it I'd love to hear how it works.)

*I think in regards to cooking this there are a few options...pan cook/fry the zucchinni on the stove and then bake, grill as in directions for recipe, or broil.*

-I know this is more than 3 ingredients but it seems simple enough! Also, I imagine this would be good with a simple side salad! : )

by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)