Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Couponing Anyone!?!

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 1:22 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 264 Total Views

So, I just started couponing as a hobby since I had Liv! I am not working right now so I had to do something with my time! Here are some awesome deals I got recently, along with some general couponing tips I have learned! Feel free to add tips and great deals you have gotten along the way! Thanks ladies!!! : )

- One Lysol Hand system w/ refill, one lysol hand soap refill, one 4 pack and one 3 pack of Schick disposable razors, and one Dove deodorant. Total cost $9! Original Cost $25! This was at Dollar General.

-4 playtex sippys, 4 candy bars, 2 Colgate Total tooth paste, 1 pack Mead envelops! Total Cost: $15! Original cost $35! This was at Walgreens.

-2 Hersey Syrup, 3 Cans of Pringels, 1 Men's Dove Deodorant, 1 Skintament Womens Shaving Cream, and 1 36 count Pampers Swaddelers. Total cost $14. Original Cost $23. This was at Wal-Mart.

-1 Webers Beer Can Grilling seasoning. $0! FREE! Original Cost $3. This was at Schnucks.

-1 Master Piece BBQ Sauce: $0! FREE! Original Cost $1 on sale. This was at Target.

-$92 worth of groceries for a total of $69 today at Shop n' Save! EVERYTHING except my loaf of bread was NAME BRAND!

-Liv's outfit for her 1st Birthday, a 18 month 4th of July shirt for next year, and a 12 month onsie that is pretty cute! All for....$1.09. The origanl cost would have been around $12. This stuff was on clearance also. And this was at Kohl's, which is a GREAT place to shop kids clearance! : )

Now, here are a few general tips I have been taught (thanks Chrystal!) and learned on my own! : )

I get the early edition of the Sunday paper for $2 every Sat morning at Wal-Mart or a local gas station! I cut the coupons I can use and build my grocery/shopping list around that! Here's a trick, stores like Target, Wal-greens and Dollar General will have their coupons on their website or for baby stuff Wal-greens has a infant coupon book in store! You can use their coupon plus one you got from the paper, online or w/e! That's how I got Playtex Sippy Cups for $2 a piece! For the infant book at Wal-greens I've heard its hard to find but another trick, its almost always in the photo section if u ask for it! No clue why but hey, it works! So look for coupons in the paper, store websites, coupon websites online and also sign up to receive them from places so u get them in the mail or through email! You also have to make sure u read the rules for each store bc that's always helpful! And most printable coupons u can print twice! You have to be open to not always buying the same brands of say razors, or dedorant, and etc...but stuff like that I don't mind. I find a lot of coupons are for stuff that I can also find on sale if I shop around! Here we have plaza's that have a few different big name stores all in one big plaza so I don't mind going from store to store in that case! I have also found that I do not need to buy off brand bc with coupons I can spend the same or even less for the name brand stuff! And lastly, there are a few things you should never be paying for if you learn how to coupon...one of those being bbq sauce and spices! But I am still trying to get that trick down pat! It's a learning process! I don't want to be a person who over stocks my shelves, but I do want to have enough to get me through for a while and save while doing it!  : )

Now lastly to complete this post...a few pics of my wonderful savings! : )

by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CMomMandy
by on Jul. 14, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Good job!  =)

Chrystal_A
by New Member on Jul. 19, 2011 at 10:43 AM

target also has coupons on thier site you can use with manufactors coupons.

Jlbhw5
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2011 at 9:17 PM

This is AMAZING! Thanks for the tips! :)

Pammi86
by Group Owner on Aug. 2, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Yw! I have been so busy and slacking on the coupons but hope to get going on it again soon lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)