Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

Cell phones allowed on school time or just before and after school teaching hours?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 3:24 PM
  • 28 Replies

by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisSweetheart07
by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 3:26 PM

Cellphones definately should be allowed In schools but I think restrictions need to be made so that kids aren't texting while in class.. I think that's definately a huge distraction in todays schools but I think that since most school wont let students use the office phone to make phone calls home, its turned into a NEED to have one.

Kaci
by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 3:29 PM

students are allowed to have cell phones here but the teachers have to leave theirs at home or in their vehicle! I think they should  reverse it!

Kaci
by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 3:30 PM

If we could use the office phone when we were in school then these kids can also~

HisSweetheart07
by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 3:39 PM

They only allowed us to use the office phone in HS when it was an emergency. You weren't allowed to call if there was band practice that night, or if you were going to go with your friend afterschool, or if you forgot your book at home and needed it for class, etc.... 

Most the time they told you to go to the nurse if you wanted to use the phone bc it was the only reason to call home - if you were sick.

Quoting Kaci:

If we could use the office phone when we were in school then these kids can also~

thats why my parents got me a cellphone my freshman year. Bc more often than not, plans ended up changing and there was no way of letting my parents know since they wouldn't let us call home.

mumsy2three
by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Students and teachers all allowed to have cell phones in the school. Neither are supposed to use them during class time.

momof3angela
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Not allowed during school at all.....  this is a strict policy at our schools.

QuiltLover
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Exactly HOW do they restrict the use of it??? I think it would be hard to do that...

PurpleHazey
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 1:26 PM

I do not feel cells should be a loud at schools, each class room have a land line so cells should be left at home or in the lockers.

PurpleHazey
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

Cellphones definately should be allowed In schools but I think restrictions need to be made so that kids aren't texting while in class.. I think that's definately a huge distraction in todays schools but I think that since most school wont let students use the office phone to make phone calls home, its turned into a NEED to have one.

Well everyone of our class rooms have phones in them, most kids do not follow the rules when it comes to cells and they will bring them to class and they will use them in class, they take cells everyday at our schools and you should see the parents who come in and argue over the phones being taken. I feel school is for learning not texting.

PurpleHazey
by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Quoting QuiltLover:

Exactly HOW do they restrict the use of it??? I think it would be hard to do that...

It is hard because the kids will still bring them to class and as soon as the teacher has their back turns they will use them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN