Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

Cell phones allowed on school time or just before and after school teaching hours?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 3:24 PM
Replies (21-28):
itsallabtthem84
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Same here.

The cell phones have to be turned off and out of sight. 

Quoting mumsy2three:

Students and teachers all allowed to have cell phones in the school. Neither are supposed to use them during class time.

Mrs_Incredible
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 1:39 PM

At our school, we had to turn our cell phones into the office during school hours.  It went into a locked cabinet and we were allowed to get it out for use during free periods or like a previous poster said to call home when necessary for change of plans and what not.  I know this isn't a possibility in all schools because most schools are larger than mine, but I do think kids should have to turn in their cell phones before tests and things like that (to the teacher) so that cheating doesn't happen.  I know we live in a different world, but I don't plan to get my boys a cell phone other than to keep in their glove box for car emergencies.

kanake
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 3:02 PM
they are only allowed to use them before and aftr school here.some kids sneak them during class
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 7:27 PM

When I was in school there were public, coin operated phones we could use. Office phones weren't for private use.

Ladyisis
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 10:42 PM

I believe students here have to leave their cell phones in their lockers and they are only allowed before and after school. They should restrict students from calling and texting during school hours.

robertmommie
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Restrictions would need to be enforced, but I would like them having the option.

crazycountrymom
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 11:02 PM

They were only allowed before and after school hours when my kids were in school. 

itsallabtthem84
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Quoting momof3angela:

Not allowed during school at all.....  this is a strict policy at our schools.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)