Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

What are your thoughts on year round school years?

Posted by   + Show Post

Would it work for you and your family? Why or Why not?

by on Jul. 15, 2011 at 4:49 PM
Replies (21-28):
sarahjz
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:10 AM

I think that if you were a working parent it would be easier to take a week off several times a year than it would be to schedule care for the entire summer and for winter break. 

kanake
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:12 AM

I like the idea. It would be great if there were an option that those who wanted it would have it and those who didn`t want it would not have to take it.

abernathyvanna
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:34 PM

I don't like year round schools... But a lot of the exes family goes and it's not that bad of a schedule. I think it's more of something that I'm not used to.

Ladyisis
Merry Christmas to all my family and friends!!!
Yesterday at 10:02 PM
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 2:30 AM

I am not a fan of year round schools, but this is just my opinion. I think kids need longer than 4 weeks off from school. I know I would get burnt out from that.

onecuteladybug2
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 2:54 AM

It's ok as long as all of your kids are on the same track.

thenguyenclan
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 7:17 AM

i think that teachers do work year round anyways.....they have to start getting ready for the next school year by what?? july/august?? 

i think that if they get paid more and they use school funds properly then year round school might not be a bad idea as long as they get like 2 weeks off from school here and there then it could work :-) 

Mrs_Incredible
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 8:52 AM

It would work for my family.  I wish it were something that was offered here.  My son gets extremely bored after just a week at home.  It was a long summer and I supplemented his education a lot.  He did a full grade's workbook this summer as well as flashcards and printed worksheets at home to keep busy.  He loves it so it wasn't "work" for him.

Mommy2justone
by on Aug. 23, 2011 at 11:00 AM

We will be doing Homeschool year round, so I don't see a problem with it. I think it would work well (public schools) for a lot of families because they wouldn't have to find a sitter or camp for the summer while they are working.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN