Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

Did you go to a public or private school?

Posted by   + Show Post

Or were you home schooled?

teacher

by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 8:16 AM
Replies (31-40):
crazycountrymom
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 12:39 AM
Public
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmpj8107
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 2:37 AM

private school through bachelors, 1st masters degree and half-done doctorate.  Public university for 2nd masters degree

momof3angela
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 8:59 AM

awww, like the Amish:)  that is quaint and cute:)

Quoting Chelsea6:

Do they still have that school like that? I think that would have been fun! I went to public school!

Quoting QuiltLover:

public...When I was in 1st grade I went to a 2 room school building, just like in Little House on the Prairie..we had 8 grades, each row was a grade...the first room was for grades 1-4 and the other room was for grades 5-8...I loved it...We had a big ole pot bellied stove for heat and the teacher used to "ring the bell" by hand when recess was over...The next year in 2nd grade I was bussed into town to a huge school...I was terrified...

earthangel1967
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 10:45 PM

I went to a local public shool from prek thru 3rd grade and had lots of firends and I LOVED IT!

Then my parents took it upon themselves to take me out of where I was happy and doing well and made me go to a private catholic school and wear a unfiform that I hated and found the kids very cliquish to an extreme and I didnt fit in there so struggled fitting in and was sad there from 4th thru 6th grade HATED IT THERE.

Finally for middle school 7th grade my parents asked me how I felt about going on into middle schol wih the catholid school kids or if I STILL after all those years still wanted to go back to my old public school friends from elementary school, I beggied and cried and pleaded to go back to public with my real friends and thank god they let me and we all picked up right where we had left off same friends and I was happy again.

onecuteladybug2
by on Aug. 7, 2011 at 8:28 AM

I went to a public school.

mommybug77
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 1:43 PM

both public and private.

kanake
by on Aug. 10, 2011 at 3:06 PM
same here

Quoting momof3angela:

Public here, too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladyisis
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM

I always went to public school. My parents could never afford private school.

momof3angela
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Quoting Ladyisis:

I always went to public school. My parents could never afford private school.

it's amazing with this economy how many private schools are suffering b/c ppl can't afford it.

kerryket
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 11:24 AM

I went to public school, had a little bit of an alternative setting when I was a teenager for part of my senior year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)