Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms for Education Moms for Education

Does your school allow the face body piercings, etc?

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 1:44 PM
  • 25 Replies

by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof3angela
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 1:52 PM

I would have to ask my DD about that one....I don't ever remember there being any rules against it.  maybe for gym....I'll ask her.

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 2:34 PM
I'm fairly certain it's allowed. I believe it should be. That's for the parent to decide NOT the school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeremysmom04
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 2:56 PM

I don't know what the local public school's policy is.

inmybizz
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 2:57 PM

girls can wear earrings(small ones)..as far as lips, eyebrows, cheeks and so on being pierced the school might allow the piercing but you can't wear the jewelry for safety reasons..These are smaller kids that still play on the playground..

Serenity75
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 4:14 PM

I think they allow some in high school... at least I see high school kids with some, so I'm assuming.

mumsy2three
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 5:31 PM

It is allowed in our MS and HS.

It wasn't allowed before and students had to cover facial piercings with band aids. Unnaturally dyed hair wasn't allowed either. A few years ago a group of students got together and made a presentation to the school board to change those policies and the board agreed to change it.

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 5:32 PM
Wow good for the kids! What a great lesson for them!

Quoting mumsy2three:

It is allowed in our MS and HS.

It wasn't allowed before and students had to cover facial piercings with band aids. Unnaturally dyed hair wasn't allowed either. A few years ago a group of students got together and made a presentation to the school board to change those policies and the board agreed to change it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QuiltLover
by on Jul. 22, 2011 at 8:27 PM

I am not agreement with it, but I am just glad my kids aren't in school anymore for me to deal with it...I am thinking it is allowed in our school because so many of them have the piercings...

nf1
by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 8:11 AM
Not at my school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisSweetheart07
by on Jul. 23, 2011 at 9:47 AM

I dont think there is any rule against it in our school system... when I was in HS I knew a guy that got the inside part of his nose pierce (that way they look like a bull I guess) and he was always wearing it... he also had the bridge of his nose pierced, his eyebrows pierces, and snake bites on his lips. 

I think that it needs to be regulated as to the type of jewlwery that can have - so instead of having the those huge spikes coming out of the snake bites - it would have to be something with a flat surface.... more for safety than restriction - yknow?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)